190/stock turbo options

Dalton6.0

Reaction score
I have a set of 190/stock warren diesel injectors in the truck
I'm currently running a stock turbo with a ww2
So my question is what turbo would work well with these and is it even worth it with the stock nozzles and just to stick with what I already have
Thanks for any input

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
I LOVED my Barder stage 3 with 190s but I had bigger nozzles. If you don't tow I'd recommend a stage 3 because you'll always regret not going bigger when your searching for power.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We can get you into a 64mm that you will love. Similar flow to a 64.7 but with the small amount less mass we can get it to spool like a 63.5.

email us for more information!

Dalton6.0

Reaction score
The 1.5 is 1700 why not just go with the stage 2 for $100 more and get the 64.7mm wheel or is that a little to much for these injectors

sootie

Reaction score
no point going bigger if you dont have the fuel to drive it

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Well KC Turbos has a couple of great options that will work well with that injector size... IMO you will never quite dump 190cc through stock nozzles... but thats ok. I still think it is a great injector size. To get the full power out of that injector size you need to run a little higher pulse width SCT tune and maybe a FICM tune. It should run like 175s on a race tune and stock injectors on a tow tune... which means they should tow with ease but still make a descent amount of power on a race tune. ALTHOUGH... I have had some tuners that run a really low pulse width tune and the injectors don't make much more power than 155/stock

How much power are you hoping to make and how heavy do you tow? If you tow REALLY heavy then you need to be careful how big of a turbo you get.

Go with a 13 bladed stage 1 or 1.5 turbo if you want a little faster spool, tow with ease, NO TURBO WHISTLE, and are willing to sacrifice a little top end power. This turbo might not completely clean up 190/stock on a really heavy race tune.

Go with a 10 bladed stage 2 turbo if you want more top end power, A LOT OF TURBO WHISLTE, but u might lose a little bottom end (some notice the loss in bottom end and others don't notice it at all), when towing you need to keep your rpms up a little bit with this size turbo... but it should still tow max weight just fine. Should celan up 190/stock really well on a heavy race tune.

Send me an email with any questions
[email protected]

Here are a couple of our options that I think would fit your needs well.

KC Turbo Stage 1.5 Turbo (AKA Street/ Heavy Tow) – This is an awesome turbo for those looking to upgrade their stock truck and are looking for a little more power than stock, but still want to tow with ease, amazing drive ability, and quick spooling. This turbo will not whistle like the powermax/2003 turbos. SPECS: 63.5x88mm single plane billet wheel with extended tips, .72ar race compressor cover, 72.5x66 13 blade turbine wheel, new high flowing billet vanes, stainless steel unison ring, and upgraded 360 thrust bearing. 100% drop in (no modifications required) Recommended for stock – 175cc injectors. (450-550hp)

KC Turbo Stage 2 Turbo (AKA Extreme Street/ Tow) – This is a great turbo for those looking to push the limits of their truck and get a lot more out of them over stock. This turbo is made for those who are looking for more top end power but still want to have the ability to tow max weight. This turbo will tow max weight as long as you watch your temps and keep your rpms up. This turbo has a very similar whistle to the powermax/2003 turbos. SPECS: 64x88mm single plane billet wheel with extended tips, .72ar race compressor cover, 72.5x66 10 blade turbine wheel, new high flowing billet vanes, stainless steel unison ring, and upgraded 360 thrust bearing. 100% drop in (no modifications required) Recommended for Stock – 190cc injectors (475-575hp)

matt92idi

Reaction score
Give Matt at cutting edge diesel a call. I think a s362 with some up pipes would be a great choice. A small non Vgt can still tow awesome and spool great with really low egts.