Rear window conversion

mikes02ls1

Reaction score
Has anyone put a 2010-16 rear window into a 99-07 Ford Super Duty. Getting rid of the rubber seal for the cleaner glued in window? No luck with searching on google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshf250

Reaction score
I know it’s been done, there’s a couple posts in here where someone has done it. If I remember correctly the only bad thing is that when you remove the rubber seal around the factory window you will be able to see bare cab from inside of the truck.

Barnbuilder

Reaction score
I did it. Wish I hadn't. Can't get the leak fixed. Only 1/4" of pich weld to glue it to. Plus at the top interior the pinch weld is exposed.

rosspulliam

Reaction score
I did and I have no leaks. There are 4 standoffs that are on the glass that we had to cut off and just float it in the right spot with 2 of us. Barnbuilder is right, if you want to completely hide the pinch weld inside it would require changing the rear plastics and headliner. I don't notice enough to care, and am glad to be rid of that ugly ass rubber seal. Welded up the dumb plastic cab corners at the same time as we had it out. If anyone near DFW wants a mint 2002 take out back window with seal and ceramic tint I've got one for you lol.

Something to take note and you can see in my first pic: that seal has likely rubbed through the paint. We're repainting my truck this summer so I wasn't worried about it, but if you don't want to do a little paint work you'll have to be willing to live with that line where the rubber rubbed through. Some pics to give you an idea:

LF3UqWckw3FQSKg?width=660&height=495&cropmode=none.jpg

X-xdol0jbIMehQw?width=495&height=660&cropmode=none.jpg

Y4HWenY4XuKaWjw?width=495&height=660&cropmode=none.jpg

8YLV8Q-P_-7aVRA?width=660&height=495&cropmode=none.jpg

Last edited:

Joshf250

Reaction score
Love the way that looks and the cab corners are sweet! Wishing I would’ve done that now, I just got my truck painted a couple months ago. How did you end up getting the window centered?

rosspulliam

Reaction score
We eyeballed it and taped it in place to dry. The more hands you have available the easier it is.

Barnbuilder

Reaction score
I wonder if I could cut my window out and reseal it? I used some rubber strips to center it when I originally installed it. The window didn't have the clips.

rosspulliam

Reaction score
Should be able to...mine didn't seal the first time b/c we left the plastic spacers on it. I had it cut out, we cut the plastic spacer things off, and glued it back in again. No leaks! Cost me $100 to have the guy cut it out and redo it (it was a different guy than originally installed it because I was 350 miles south of where we originally installed it).

greyford1979

Reaction score
Too bad I didn't think of this when I had my truck painted at work, especially since I replaced mine because I wanted a slider. Our glass guy at the time could have done it no problem, one of the baddest glass guys out there.

Latest posts

Members online