glow plug problems only 23k on the truck

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
has anyone had any issues with thier glow plugs?
my CEL came on after a 500 mile drive, while i was at my destination the next morning my CEL came on, it was for #5 glowplug incorrect signal

needless to say i was a little annoyed, especially since i was so far from home and would not have a chance to drop it off at the dealer since they may have needed the truck for longer than i was gonna be in town.

i drove home and parked the truck, i'll take it to the dealer when i have the time. nearest trustworthy dealer is a little over 50 miles from me, the one here in my town is super shady and havent heard anything good about their servie department, hell they even told me my warranty was voided cause i didnt change my fuel filter at 15k, when the dealer is the only place that has ever touched my truck...BTW the first fuel filter change isnt due until 30k

cappa

Reaction score
Is you truck ******d? If it is might want to check your plugs under the truck for condensation build up. I left a nox module on my frame unprotected. It filled up with slush and shorted out and popped the glow plug fuse, can't remember what number. I unplugged the nox module, protected the plug, replaced the fuse, cleared the code, and all was good again.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Agreed. I think most people change them every 10k. I look at it as cheap insurance, but I’m pretty anal about maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
Agreed. I think most people change them every 10k. I look at it as cheap insurance, but I’m pretty anal about maintenance.

I change them at every oil change, 5k-7.5k. Cheap insurance.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I changed them every 10k. Drain the Lower every 2,500 miles.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Umm...No. I do all my own maintenance and have had it at the dealer a couple times. How could they void the warranty if you take care of it yourself?

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
Umm...No. I do all my own maintenance and have had it at the dealer a couple times. How could they void the warranty if you take care of it yourself?

its literally in the contract when you buy a truck new, all maintenance shall be performed while under warranty by a certified Ford Technician

C2tuck

Reaction score
Well there is no way in hell I’m going to take my truck in for scheduled maintenance and pay out the ass for it when I am more than capable of doing it myself.

I’ve always maintained my own vehicles and never had an issue with ANY dealer.

Latest posts

Members online