Noise from fuel filter housing under driver seat.

SpyderX

Reaction score
I’m getting a noise like when you change the filter and prime it. Sounds like it’s got air in it. I can only hear it at idol because of the road noise I guess. There is no sputtering or loss of power.I haven’t changed the filter recently and the housing is tight. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Is the cap fully seated? A lot of times they will be about 1 full turn loose, but feel like they're tight. There is a stop on the cap and the pump that make a solid contact when fully seated, not just a kinda hard turn feel.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

SpyderX

Reaction score
Is the cap fully seated? A lot of times they will be about 1 full turn loose, but feel like they're tight. There is a stop on the cap and the pump that make a solid contact when fully seated, not just a kinda hard turn feel.

I’ll give it a check. Appreciate it.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
No worries man, seen it a ton of times, always my first go to with a noise.

BigRed97

Reaction score
Still got about 2000 miles before it’s due. Is that a indicator that it needs changing? It’s never been that dirty when I change it really.

Yea if the filter gets restricted the pump will struggle and hence be loud. See it all the time
All it takes is one bad tank of fuel, just because it's not due doenstmean it's not restricted.

Also as he said if its sucking air...but I would think that would have been apparent right after a filter change.

SpyderX

Reaction score
Yea if the filter gets restricted the pump will struggle and hence be loud. See it all the time

All it takes is one bad tank of fuel, just because it's not due doenstmean it's not restricted.

Also as he said if its sucking air...but I would think that would have been apparent right after a filter change.

I’ll change them out. Thanks for you time.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Mine does it occasionally but I have that diesel site pre filter. I thought I had a leak too, but I don't see any air bubbles

Latest posts

Members online