Intake Upgrade Question

maxxedout

Reaction score
Right now, I have an S&B intake on my truck, but I'm thinking about upgrading to either the No Limit or Absolute Performance intake. My questions is, is it worth it? Obviously, it would be worth it compared to the stock intake, but will I really notice that much of a gain compared to the S&B?

A little background on the truck:
Midwest Diesel 64mm "StreetMax"
Ford 2015 HPFP
H&S Mini Maxx W/ Custom Tunes (From Midwest)
Full 4" Exhaust W/ 4" Downpipe

The truck is my daily driver, but I do tow 7,000-8,000 pounds occasionally.

Most importantly, are their any downsides to going with either of these intakes? I like how the truck runs now, and I don't want to deal with CEL's or any other issues. I'm just looking for an upgrade that won't buy me any aggravation.

Thank You

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Yes, big difference between S&B and No Limit for a good power gain. I surely noticed it and with a stock turbo too. I would go with the No Limit personally since it's a larger 5" intake and Morgan has worked with this intake a bunch too and runs then on his own trucks so he's tuned with them....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Right now, I have an S&B intake on my truck, but I'm thinking about upgrading to either the No Limit or Absolute Performance intake. My questions is, is it worth it? Obviously, it would be worth it compared to the stock intake, but will I really notice that much of a gain compared to the S&B?

A little background on the truck:
Midwest Diesel 64mm "StreetMax"
Ford 2015 HPFP
H&S Mini Maxx W/ Custom Tunes (From Midwest)
Full 4" Exhaust W/ 4" Downpipe

The truck is my daily driver, but I do tow 7,000-8,000 pounds occasionally.

Most importantly, are their any downsides to going with either of these intakes? I like how the truck runs now, and I don't want to deal with CEL's or any other issues. I'm just looking for an upgrade that won't buy me any aggravation.

Thank You

substantial difference with the no limit.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
How's noise level on these trucks when upgrading to an open filter element?

It's not that bad really inside the cab of these trucks. We did a Stage 2 No limit intake with a Midwest 64mm charger on a local guy's truck and it was a real pleasure to drive.

OP, with you running MCC, i'd suggest going with the stage 2 intake on your 64mm charger and having the MAF re-scaled for it. I was watching the AIT on the dyno and I was very surprised on how it really didn't get too hot after 3 hard pull's.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I am curious how much hotter intake temps would be on a street driven truck in stop and go with the open element filter set up? I plan to buy it for my next mod along with hs intercooler boot. Guess I can start monitoring that and report back...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I am curious how much hotter intake temps would be on a street driven truck in stop and go with the open element filter set up? I plan to buy it for my next mod along with hs intercooler boot. Guess I can start monitoring that and report back...

Differences in intake air temps will be negligible in terms of performance. It's forced induction and the rise in iat created from open element vs the rise from turbo charger Heat , then after the heat exchanger negate any of the menial ambient temps seen from stop and go traffic. Not to mention there is no performance happening in stop and go traffic. On the dyno the higher flow will always beat the closed box .

ckrueg

Reaction score
I compared my iats with the intake lid on vs off on my 6.4 stock intake, the Temps were always within about 5 of ambient temp except in traffic, and even then it would still only go up by 10 or so degrees.

Latest posts

Members online