NOX module got me.

Joemanhp4

Reaction score
Bringing back an old post here. Getting the p0100 and p0106 codes. Ive read all of the threads about this post because about a year ago i had the same issue. Read about it and saw that it was the nox sensors getting water. I went under my truck unplugged the one in the front of the truck and greased it up and bagged it and replced my fuse and was all good. I didnot unplug the back sensor at the time because i didnt for whatever reason. But my problem was fixed for 2 years. Now last week im getting the same codes so i knew right were to go. I checked my bag and plug to make sure no water got in and there was some water in the bag so i redid my seal job and looked for a blown fuse. No blown fuse. Reset codes and still got them back. Did more reading and discovered there are 2 sensors so i ended up unplugging the back one and sealing it up good too. Now both sensors are unpluged and fuse is still not blown. I cleared codes and 10 mins into driving they are all back on. Im at a loss. No sensors plugged in and both connectors were cleaned and dried and greased and sealed. Fuse was checked 2 tomes and its not blown. HELP from others who have solved this issue? Am i missing somthing?

Joemanhp4

Reaction score
Your ecm on the pass side firewall. Unplug the 3rd plug . The one closest to the drivers side. This harrness goes to all the sensors for the emmision crap. Just unplug it for now and see if it fixes your problem. Unplug it and clear your codes and drive it.

https://ostsaz.com/products/blank-ecm-connector?variant=3209457270808

If it works buy this and your done.

Thats awesome i had no idea that plug would disconnect that entire harness. This is good to know. I have bad news though. 5 minutes after reading your post i gave this a try with the 3rd plug and started my truck and cleared the codes and light came back on immedietly. Turned off the truck and back on and tried to clear again and it came right back a second time.

Swaan

Reaction score
You got something else going on then.. I would get in touch with your tuner and tell him what's going on.

Merchlewitz

Reaction score
I am getting the same codes about high fuel rail circuit. Where are these fuses that blow are they under the hood or on the module? My glow plugs are stuck on and won't shut off.

burtonboarder

Reaction score
Your ecm on the pass side firewall. Unplug the 3rd plug . The one closest to the drivers side. This harrness goes to all the sensors for the emmision crap. Just unplug it for now and see if it fixes your problem. Unplug it and clear your codes and drive it.

https://ostsaz.com/products/blank-ecm-connector?variant=3209457270808

If it works buy this and your done.

So will this blank prevent the code that popped up from the harness not being plugged in? My original code went away, but then I got the 0074 from the harness being disconnected

Reaction score
^^^ it might have something to do with your tuning that was used on your truck?

I worked on a truck one time that had an issue with the tps. It turned out that the tps and one of the sensors in the d p f share a 5 volt reference. When it was d e l e t e d the owner or whoever did the d e l e t e forgot to disconnect one of sensor and just ripped it off. So it shorted out that 5 volt reference and would send false readings for the tps. This caused the truck to go into limp mode at random times. I unplugged the emissions plug from the ecm and that fixed the issue. Never got 0074 code.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Had this exact issue come into the shop Friday.
Blew, I believe, fuse 37? Can’t remember.
Had maf codes and something else.
Nox module was still plugged in.
Must have shorted internally.
Unplugged, wrapped the harness connector and replaced the fuse.
Customer was on his way.

Latest posts

Members online