Industrial compounds?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Im going down this week Ill see what I can do for ya.

thats not really the point here. the point is that these pumps are sold as new, but within a 100 or so miles they are full of rust internally? even if someone ran a tank full of water thru them, they wouldnt be rusted out like that. i think the bigger question is, were these pumps new when sold as new? because ill tell you one thing, BRAND NEW siemens pumps dont fail but very, very rarely. like way less than one percent.

nice twin kit though, go run it at the track, it sounds awesome.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
thats not really the point here. the point is that these pumps are sold as new, but within a 100 or so miles they are full of rust internally? even if someone ran a tank full of water thru them, they wouldnt be rusted out like that. i think the bigger question is, were these pumps new when sold as new? because ill tell you one thing, BRAND NEW siemens pumps dont fail but very, very rarely. like way less than one percent.

nice twin kit though, go run it at the track, it sounds awesome.

yeah exactly my point, and not only that but who tells someone a seimens pump is over pressurized in a single pump set up? The ONLY way that can happen is if a solenoid sticks but thats very unlikely like stated if indeed these are new pumps from ford to begin with

For the record i understand that this is high hp racing stuff where warranty shouldnt really matter, but these pumps havent made it far enough to say much of anything other than the pump failed on its own

I would love to see a metallurgist opinion on both failures, as well as a full true failure analysis rather than oh, its over pressurized, or oh its rust... SHOW me where the rust created a stress riser that caused a part of the pump to fail and then ill believe you, and then we will go back to where the rust even came from to begin with

jdgleason

Reaction score

BCB

Reaction score
I thought this was a 6.7 Twin turbo thread not a 6.4 HPFP thread?

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Can someone go recruit the owner of this 6.7 to the army so we can have some real world data going on here? Lol
I need to know what I'm doing with my wedding money in a month LOL

6L strokin

Reaction score
Can someone go recruit the owner of this 6.7 to the army so we can have some real world data going on here? Lol
I need to know what I'm doing with my wedding money in a month LOL

lmao you gonna be like shawn and finish them up about an hour before your supposed to say I DO and haul all over to the church?! haha

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Wait till they wastegate it...
I was thinking the same- or when they offer a race kit that replaces the factory snail too.
lmao you gonna be like shawn and finish them up about an hour before your supposed to say I DO and haul all over to the church?! haha
Me and my fortune with vehicles, I'd mess up a whole wedding trying to finish my modding LOL

It'd be done long before the wedding so I could leave a nice signature when we drive away for the first time :rockon:

Latest posts

Members online