Lifted 6.7's

Reaction score
QUOTE=Ad8 PRODIGY;459681]They do. It is high school. I hate kids that are given THAT. I can understand the Corrola or Camry but come on now.[/QUOTE]
:whs:

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
That dog looks like it wants to get run over:pimp:

Pretty player truck though no doubt

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Sombich! Never knew it was on YouTube.
Yes he's a senior in hs. There are a few guys in hs around here w/ nice trucks.
It looks better with the 8in lift IMO. It doesn't bother me when hs kids get nice vehicles, I think it's great. What does bother me is when they don't take care of it or are D-bags or are ungrateful/irresponsible. If I had it I'd baby it, and not do this. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349905110.925099.jpg which is how he lose the bottom valance(right word?) and he bent the bumper rear ending a 4runner one day.

Sent from the Bayou

Last edited:

GreenMachine

Reaction score
It looks better with the 8in lift IMO. It doesn't bother me when hs kids get nice vehicles, I think it's great. What does bother me is when they don't take care of it or are D-bags or are ungrateful/irresponsible. If I had it I'd baby it, and not do this. View attachment 10308 which is how he lose the bottom valance(right word?) and he bent the bumper rear ending a 4runner one day.

Sent from the Bayou

Kid deserves to be beaten.

NCPowerStroke

Reaction score
It looks better with the 8in lift IMO. It doesn't bother me when hs kids get nice vehicles, I think it's great. What does bother me is when they don't take care of it or are D-bags or are ungrateful/irresponsible. If I had it I'd baby it, and not do this. View attachment 10308 which is how he lose the bottom valance(right word?) and he bent the bumper rear ending a 4runner one day.

Sent from the Bayou

that picture right there just pisses me off! i bet if he bought it (not mommy and daddy) hed treat it right

dirtflinger92

Reaction score
I hate spoiled ass rich kids!! Every teen should get an old beater that you have to pop the Hood to shut the car off at the injection pump lol

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
My dad made my drive a bucket 91 step side single cab chevy...Cause he thought Id be wreckless and stupid....

HE WAS RIGHT!!! :redspotdance:

But Luckily I didnt wreck anything and ended up with my 03 chev after that Trial year run LOL

java

Reaction score
I really don't understand yalls hatred towards kids that have nice stuff given to them by their parents. I drove an old 94 diesel blazer most of my high school years before i got my truck, but it didnt bother me one bit when i saw kids driving brand new trucks or cars (wether they took care of them or not). I could honestly care less how people spend THEIR money but to each their own i guess..

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
I really don't understand yalls hatred towards kids that have nice stuff given to them by their parents. I drove an old 94 diesel blazer most of my high school years before i got my truck, but it didnt bother me one bit when i saw kids driving brand new trucks or cars (wether they took care of them or not). I could honestly care less how people spend THEIR money but to each their own i guess..

I think the overall thought behind it is the kids that drive these expensive toys that mommy and daddy buy are generally douche bags! Before anyone on here gets their panties in a bunch I know there are exceptions to everything and not saying all are but my experience is where I live if the parents bought the kid a brand new dodge or F -250 the kid is usually a prick and those are the ones I get in fights with at the bar because they have no respect for anyone or anything.

Sent from a crack house somewhere in the hood!

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
My dad bought me my old 06 crew cab GMC brand new outta high school...I wouldnt consider myself a prick or anything, and it def. didnt help me become any popular or cooler so to speak...I have a clean record and chose to be cautious back in my college days...

I think it all varies with the kid as an individual....cause I do know some so called "spoiled kids" that do fall into the category above, but then you have people like me that were never like that...my parents raised me to work for everything I own and i damn sure did even with a family business...its all about the way you live your life and how hard you worked to accomplish your goals..

Not saying im perfect cause i did have a very heavy foot an it costed me a 4.8 and a 5.3, and dad did help me out on one of em, but you live and learn and crash and burn...now everything i have leads to my hard work and dedication...one day ill pay my dad back also for as much as hes done for me too...

Its all the individual, not the stereotype...

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
My dad bought me my old 06 crew cab GMC brand new outta high school...I wouldnt consider myself a prick or anything, and it def. didnt help me become any popular or cooler so to speak...I have a clean record and chose to be cautious back in my college days...

I think it all varies with the kid as an individual....cause I do know some so called "spoiled kids" that do fall into the category above, but then you have people like me that were never like that...my parents raised me to work for everything I own and i damn sure did even with a family business...its all about the way you live your life and how hard you worked to accomplish your goals..

Not saying im perfect cause i did have a very heavy foot an it costed me a 4.8 and a 5.3, and dad did help me out on one of em, but you live and learn and crash and burn...now everything i have leads to my hard work and dedication...one day ill pay my dad back also for as much as hes done for me too...

Its all the individual, not the stereotype...

Couldn't agree more like I said not all just the ones I know.

Sent from a crack house somewhere in the hood!

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
My dad bought me a tank of gas for my truck when I graduated high school. I bought my truck as well, when I was 15. They helped me get a set of tires for it my senior year. I was raised, if you want it, do what you have to to get it. They had a roof over my head and food on the table, I wasn't going to ask them to buy something for me. Its selfish if you ask me

sent from somewhere in the country

Manytoys

Reaction score
I just picked this up today
y4y8e9an.jpg

It says made to fit F250-F350 SRW. I have 2012 F450, the only difference I can see between them is the rear diff. I thought it was bigger and that I would need different u-bolts, but apparently I was incorrect. Upon closer examination the readylift u-bolts appear to be the same size but obviously longer.

Now my questions is, on a long box dually with a factory 2" non tapered block can I safely go to the readylift 5" non tapered block in combination with the steady bearing drop plate to maintain proper pinion angle or should I just run a factory F350 SRW tapered (3 3/8 - 3 3/4) block.

Also I'm aware that I might have axle wrap issues with the 5" block, but what are the chances it will/will not. How big of a rear block are some guys running without problems. I'm all for traction bars down the road, but it's not likely to happen very soon. I'm just curious because I would rather do traction bars later when I want to instead of now cause I need to.
Thanks

Manytoys

Reaction score
I checked the u-bolts quickly last night, they appear that they should work. The u-bolts don't go under the axle, they go over the spring pack and overload spring then come down through the plate under the axle. As far as I can tell it should all work, except with the 5" block there won't be many threads sticking out of the nut.

SAK

Reaction score
I checked the u-bolts quickly last night, they appear that they should work. The u-bolts don't go under the axle, they go over the spring pack and overload spring then come down through the plate under the axle. As far as I can tell it should all work, except with the 5" block there won't be many threads sticking out of the nut.

I would get longer u-bolts if there is no threads showing past the nuts, you want to make sure that the nut is holding on to every thread so it is less likely to loosen up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.