6.7 Build

Dan

Reaction score
:whs:

Dan I creeped on your facebook for a while ;) wondering what might happen, glad you finally came here.

I didn't really know how much a forum can help a guy!

Not only have I been able to get in touch with the right people to get what I am looking for but I haven't had to deal some of the jealousy etc that has been known to happen on the Facebook page... Big thanks to PSA and to 4everboosted1 for sending me here! It's perfect!

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Dan! Your build is going to be crazy. As said before, you have got to be the most level headed person I've seen post on forums, hats off to you for your A+ attitude.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Dan, I read about your dealings with CFD and I can't believe you didn't drive the truck right through the shop there! You sir have the patience of a saint for dealing with them and I commend you for keeping your cool throughout this entire, unfortunate situation. I have read countless threads on other sites about people being scammed and its a shame that people still do that to other people. How do they sleep at night? I couldn't if I scammed people.

Anyway, off my soap box, glad your hear man and your truck is going to be downright nasty when its done. Best of luck to you sir!

Dan

Reaction score
Ok so the whole CFD thing completely and utterly blew up 138% more than I even imagined and it was starting to make my blood boil tonight but I've managed to calm down and look at the bigger picture again!

All that aside I have been offered so much help from everyone on this forum and I really appreciate it. There has been lots of opinion about the engine that sits between the frame rails based on who's name is behind the assembly of it and I think it's time I address that as controversial as my decision to leave the engine in there untouched may be. Not that I have to justify my decision on my engine I will go ahead and explain my reasoning as I'm trying to be as realistic as possible. It really comes down to disposable cash towards the rig and time. I am looking to have this truck back on the road in the next couple months and to come up with the extra few thousand dollars to have a perfectly functional engine torn apart and "inspected" isn't in my cards. Furthermore in my opinion it doesn't make any sense to have and engine torn down without installing cut coated, pistons and cam, porting and polished heads etc.. Stuff that I would enjoy having in my engine. For now I'm going to look into bigger injectors, transmission and a couple bottles of giggle gas! And focus my attention on that stuff.

It has been confirmed that there is carillos, head studs and valve train upgrades as I had purchased via pictures so there is no doubt that the right brand name parts are in that engine so I'm going to continue on!

Basically my mind made up as far as that is concerned and I have been assured that Confederate Diesel will stand behind that engine so that I'm happy about. If something is aray with their machine work, assembly etc they will fix it, which brings me to another point, I know there is a s**t ton of hate as far as even mentioning the CFD name but rationally here's my thoughts and if you don't agree with me that's fine, but the only thing that has ever been brought up about them and mentioned about them is their fabrication issues... I haven't heard so far of an engine they built coming apart. So that being said I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to bad mouth it or to assume because they have had fabrication issues that that is going to carry over into the engine. Lets put it this way: I myself am a journeyman diesel mechanic and work for an outfit that is a dealer for Detroit Diesel and have preformed 50+ engine overhauls on the series 60 engine and the dd15 engine and have never once had an issue. In retrospect my welds look worse than the ones in my turbo kit. That's my logic and wether you agree or not is none of my business but this is the road I'm headed down.

And yes I understand that CFDs name is on my engine but how that engine preforms will speak for itself!

Ok moving on from that I thought I would mention I have talked to mike with MPD and have touched base on exhaust manifolds, intake manifold flanges and a t4 pedestal adapter plate, they look like real nice pieces and they have been forwarded to James and Custom Auto for him to decide if that's what he would like to utilize, I have pretty much left much of that decision making up to James as far as what products he wants to use as I trust his expertise based on the quality of every other truck that leaves his shop and also his own shop trucks and of course Dmitri's setup..

Just an update!

Ill give a further update after I touch base with CA sometime this week

Reaction score
Ok so the whole CFD thing completely and utterly blew up 138% more than I even imagined and it was starting to make my blood boil tonight but I've managed to calm down and look at the bigger picture again!

All that aside I have been offered so much help from everyone on this forum and I really appreciate it. There has been lots of opinion about the engine that sits between the frame rails based on who's name is behind the assembly of it and I think it's time I address that as controversial as my decision to leave the engine in there untouched may be. Not that I have to justify my decision on my engine I will go ahead and explain my reasoning as I'm trying to be as realistic as possible. It really comes down to disposable cash towards the rig and time. I am looking to have this truck back on the road in the next couple months and to come up with the extra few thousand dollars to have a perfectly functional engine torn apart and "inspected" isn't in my cards. Furthermore in my opinion it doesn't make any sense to have and engine torn down without installing cut coated, pistons and cam, porting and polished heads etc.. Stuff that I would enjoy having in my engine. For now I'm going to look into bigger injectors, transmission and a couple bottles of giggle gas! And focus my attention on that stuff.

It has been confirmed that there is carillos, head studs and valve train upgrades as I had purchased via pictures so there is no doubt that the right brand name parts are in that engine so I'm going to continue on!

Basically my mind made up as far as that is concerned and I have been assured that Confederate Diesel will stand behind that engine so that I'm happy about. If something is aray with their machine work, assembly etc they will fix it, which brings me to another point, I know there is a s**t ton of hate as far as even mentioning the CFD name but rationally here's my thoughts and if you don't agree with me that's fine, but the only thing that has ever been brought up about them and mentioned about them is their fabrication issues... I haven't heard so far of an engine they built coming apart. So that being said I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to bad mouth it or to assume because they have had fabrication issues that that is going to carry over into the engine. Lets put it this way: I myself am a journeyman diesel mechanic and work for an outfit that is a dealer for Detroit Diesel and have preformed 50+ engine overhauls on the series 60 engine and the dd15 engine and have never once had an issue. In retrospect my welds look worse than the ones in my turbo kit. That's my logic and wether you agree or not is none of my business but this is the road I'm headed down.

And yes I understand that CFDs name is on my engine but how that engine preforms will speak for itself!

Ok moving on from that I thought I would mention I have talked to mike with MPD and have touched base on exhaust manifolds, intake manifold flanges and a t4 pedestal adapter plate, they look like real nice pieces and they have been forwarded to James and Custom Auto for him to decide if that's what he would like to utilize, I have pretty much left much of that decision making up to James as far as what products he wants to use as I trust his expertise based on the quality of every other truck that leaves his shop and also his own shop trucks and of course Dmitri's setup..

Just an update!

Ill give a further update after I touch base with CA sometime this week

I understand that reasoning on the engine. I highly doubt CFD has anything special in the machining. You purchased high quality parts. As long as it was built clean and everything has correct clearance it will run for awhile. Didn't a machine shop build it anyway? And Ford installed it? That means the monkeys with a pipe bender never touched it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.