'13+ Platinum Tailgate Panel?

BK39

Reaction score
good time to wonder , "what in the *** were they thinking?" nuther reason for a lariat.

Don't be jealous, you know you wish you had that big ugly silver panel stretched across you tailgate.

I'd like to PTM mine red here in the near future. That and the chrome door handles. Along with the mirror caps.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Don't be jealous, you know you wish you had that big ugly silver panel stretched across you tailgate.

I'd like to PTM mine red here in the near future. That and the chrome door handles. Along with the mirror caps.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389427090.637596.jpg

No big ugly silver panel here

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
no offense, but it would look cleaner if you just put a regular gate on it vs. painting the platinum panel IMO :eek:

mfoltz

Reaction score
I was against painting them to but I think that looks good never seen one painted before. I think doing the carbon fiber would look good on a black one

Ghost

Reaction score
I was against painting them to but I think that looks good never seen one painted before. I think doing the carbon fiber would look good on a black one

I bought an XL grill and mirror caps and have them at the water transfer shop.
I'm trying to decide if I should go ruby red carbon fiber look or just the stealth black.
I was thinking outside of front grill red carbon inside black and mirror covers???
I was thinking tailgate black carbon and mirror caps but have not fully decided yet. Will have pictures next week. He said the red carbon will end up darker than factory paint.

IA Farmer

Reaction score
Thanks

I'm not sure what my painter did to prep but I did help him remove the panel prior to paint.

Any tricks to getting the panel off or did you just pull? Can you get to the tabs if you take the cover off the inside of the tailgate?

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I bought an XL grill and mirror caps and have them at the water transfer shop.
I'm trying to decide if I should go ruby red carbon fiber look or just the stealth black.
I was thinking outside of front grill red carbon inside black and mirror covers???
I was thinking tailgate black carbon and mirror caps but have not fully decided yet. Will have pictures next week. He said the red carbon will end up darker than factory paint.

Don't do an XL grill…they don't look as good as the other grills IMO

Ghost

Reaction score
Really I did not think there was a difference...

He said the paint would stick better to the plastic xl grill......

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
It has vertical bars behind the grill
buzu6ete.jpg

Maybe I'm just nit picking, but I don't like it. The KRs have a painted, smooth shell. And I'm sure others have painted over the chrome(or stripped and painted). The XL is all one piece as well I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedRice589

Reaction score
Platinum has different seats, more "wood" trim pieces, heated back seats, I think a heated steering wheel, wood trim on the steering wheel. I think that's about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of them dont get the seat time in them to be relevant :D basic lariat is all they had in '02 all the rest is bullcrap lol

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online