IDP Torq 2 Install with pics and review

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I just passed 500 miles on the second generation of BB, so it was time for a motor mod.
Talked with Eric and in waiting for his tunes to be perfected for us to use, I bought his newest box, the Torq2, from him and all I can say is, wow!
Simple 5-10 minute install, I'll explain about the tricky stuff, and you're on your way. Eric says he has dyno proven the box to push an extra 80-100rwhp on his dyno, and I definitely believe it.

When installed properly, this box throws no codes, even turned to the max setting. If you're going in for warranty work of any kind, you'll have the box and wiring out in 3-5 minutes flat and there will be no trace of the Torq2 left behind.

Here's some install pics:
Torq2 with wiring and wiring knob.
DSC_1661.jpg

First, you need to locate the driver side rail pressure connector, found this way:
PlugLocation.jpg

The plug itself:
DSC_1663.jpg

Next you unplug the factory sensor and plug it into the female side of the harness provided. Once they click together, proceed to connect the new connector into the rail pressure line again, making sure that it clicks into place. It'll take a good amount of pressure, but you need to hear the click and be positive that the plug is completely secure. If you don't, you'll end up throwing a code and you'll see "reduced power" on your dash. Done properly, the truck will start up as usual and you'll be on your way to more power.

Your plugs should look like this when installed properly:
DSC_1669.jpg

Finally, find a good secure spot to mount the Torq2 box. I decided to mount mine on top of the fuse box with double face tape.
DSC_1676.jpg

Next step would be running your knob into the cab, but I know for me, I want 100% all the time, so I zip tied the extra wire together and tucked the wire under the hood.

Taking the truck out, I instantly noticed a ramp in power. Easily feel the extra power and it pulls strong through the whole power band. Eric really thought about this product and I'm so impressed with the power from this tiny box. Truck pulls REAL strong and the best part is that it's completely safe and user friendly, and such a simple install too!
Also- on the way home, my truck gained 1.5mpg already. It's pretty interesting to see the gains already, but this is impressive all around. Solid and very noticeable power gains, and better mile per gallon in addition. This box is a sure fire winner! Awesome work Eric!

Here's a link to the page on Eric's site: Torq2

Abrannan19

Reaction score
Pretty much the same thing as the mp8 from what it looks like. Keep us posted

utlonghorns416

Reaction score
But unlike the mp8, you probably will not have to send it back ! :poke: Eric builds awesome equipment.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Looks simple enough :D glad to hear there's a noticeable difference
Right now my lie-o-meter is reading between 18.5-19.2mpg around town and I started at 15.3mpg. I'll wait to hand calculate. Just before install I filled up and my truck read 15.7 and I was actually getting 15.8, so it's not too far off.
Pretty much the same thing as the mp8 from what it looks like. Keep us posted
Maybe similar, but I think Eric is planning on using the box in an expandable way later down the line. More good is to come from this little piece.
But unlike the mp8, you probably will not have to send it back ! :poke: Eric builds awesome equipment.
All built in the USA too ;)

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Very cool! Any need for gauges or an idea of temps?

I don't believe anything is being pushed hard enough for these trucks to need gauges. This is milder than the H&S and other things offered now too. Pretty much the purpose of the box all around. Simple install, decent power gains, without putting any parts in jeopardy if ran hard.
Eric is running the Torq2 and some test tuning on his truck and he isn't running gauges fwiw.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Do you notice a change in Regens with the box? My truck already Regens every 2-300 miles!

Funny enough, I'm not sure I even had a regen before installing the torq2 at 500 miles.
Now I'd say that I have similar regens to what you are experiencing. My guess is once every 300-400 miles about.

2006.1f250

Reaction score
Funny enough, I'm not sure I even had a regen before installing the torq2 at 500 miles.
Now I'd say that I have similar regens to what you are experiencing. My guess is once every 300-400 miles about.

Sounds good. I have one on the way, so I guess I'll see how it works on mine. Waiting on Eric to finish up his tuning. The torque management on this thing is killing me.

2006.1f250

Reaction score
are you planning on running the torq2 with erics tuning when it comes out or will it interfere with the tuning?

Sooner or later that is the plan. Not looking for all out power in this truck. Hoping for better fuel mileage and to get rid of the torque management.