S&B Installed

Reaction score
I finally motivated myself to go work outside in the 97 degree afternoon and get my new S&B installed.

First off, the packaging and directions of the unit were really nice, complete, and easy to follow. Everything is labeled, plenty of pictures for reference and its pretty straight foward.

I got the stock intake dissasembled and the new one installed in about 35 minutes. I wasnt rushing, it was hot, and still only took 35 minutes. This is really something anyone can tackle, you just need couple screwdrivers and a couple sockets.

Fit and finish is really nice, everything slid together nice and easy, didnt have to modify anything, and it really cleaned up the underhood area.

I am sad to say that even as worthless as threads are without pics, this one is worthless because I didnt even get in to go for a ride! I will try to get some road reviews tonight and or tommorow morning. Check back for more updates, but for now, here are the pictures.
SB005.jpg

SB004.jpg

SB003.jpg

SB002.jpg

SB001.jpg

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Looks like the filter is on display in there lol!
I like it man! Nothing like a nice CAI to spruce up the engine bay! Slick stuff Josh

Reaction score
Ok, drove a few miles this afternoon and here are my initial thoughts.

1. Throttle response from a dead stop seems better.
2. You can definatly hear the air being sucked in the box, as well as when you let off the throttle the turbo makes a little extra noise now.
3. With the windows down you can hear the intake, even just at cruising speed.
4. Overall im happy, looks good, price was right, performance seems better even with only a couple miles of driving. Definatly recomend this intake to anyone thats in the market.

Reaction score
Went on a drive today to get my windows tinted. I reset the mileage on the dash when I got on the hwy, set the cruise at 74 and let her ride for 65 miles. I averaged 18.4 mpg the whole way there and back. I dont know much the intake helped but those are good numbers, even from the lie o meter.

BIGISLAND7.3

Reaction score
Josh : hows the bottom of the intake cover? is it sealed on the bottom?? or is it open? , my dad has a 7.3 and was wondering if it was open on the bottom , because of playful mudding , mud has been going through my dads intake through the turbos, and was wondering if the intake box is sealed well.I know a 7.3 and a 6.7 are way different but any info will help , btw sweet looking truck.

Latest posts

Members online