no limit egt plates with edge cts

04redcrew

Reaction score
hey guys
i have been talking to other people on the net about egt reading with the no limit block plates and the edge egt probe. But i believe the edge probe isnt long enough to get a good egt reading. Some of the guys said to cut the nipple off and re tap it but i do not want to do this unless i have to. Has anyone else experienced this? If so what have you done?

jbair14

Reaction score
I have this exact issue on my '15 my egts run very low and I haven't seen over 600*. I've been in communication with Mike at No Limit for over a month and he has said I'm the only one hes heard of with the issue. I still have no solution and I'm starting to lose hope. I wish someone would come out with a blockoff plate that has a 1/8" bung for the edge. Ill post epics of my setup tomorrow.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I think for the issue , the best bet is having an added port with 1/8 npt to delete the bushing. it throws the edge and sct pyro pretty far out. that being said, i'll have some made immediately with 1/8th ports and send them to both of you. if anyone else out there has an issue let me know.

both you guys either pm, text or email me and i'll get you squared away. sorry for the headaches.

SlowSmoke

Reaction score
my kit came with adapter that he sent in the no limit kit

Oh gotcha, I would guess it's just not far enough into the exhaust flow. Sounds like you don't want to but I would cut the bung down and re tap it so it sits lower into the plate. The end of the edge fitting needs to be basically all the way to the bottom of the block off plate.

04redcrew

Reaction score
I think for the issue , the best bet is having an added port with 1/8 npt to delete the bushing. it throws the edge and sct pyro pretty far out. that being said, i'll have some made immediately with 1/8th ports and send them to both of you. if anyone else out there has an issue let me know.

both you guys either pm, text or email me and i'll get you squared away. sorry for the headaches.

thank you.Your a stand up guy. Sending you a pm now

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh gotcha, I would guess it's just not far enough into the exhaust flow. Sounds like you don't want to but I would cut the bung down and re tap it so it sits lower into the plate. The end of the edge fitting needs to be basically all the way to the bottom of the block off plate.

yeah some seem to bury deeper than others into the bushing. I opened the plate hole some , and it has seemed to work , but obviously not 100 % !

jbair14

Reaction score
Thanks Bigr, I'll text you today. Just for everyone else, you can see the issue in the pictures below, I put it all in the vice to bury it as deep as I could.

10380734_10101905834110153_7627400657806856603_n.jpg

10170703_10101905834314743_7691272928778940073_n.jpg

lobe50

Reaction score
Bigpwr (Mike),,,, Is this going to be a mod to the kits you are selling? Or do we need to state that we have the Edge Pyro when we order?

I will be ordering this and intake in the next couple days, so I want to plan ahead ;-)

Thanks for the help!!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Bigpwr (Mike),,,, Is this going to be a mod to the kits you are selling? Or do we need to state that we have the Edge Pyro when we order?

I will be ordering this and intake in the next couple days, so I want to plan ahead ;-)

Thanks for the help!!

on Monday the kits will have the option for 1/8 or factory pyro selection.

lobe50

Reaction score
Thank You Sir!!

Is your website the best way to order?
I want the 5" Intake and the EGR delete kit.

I was going to go w just the block offs, but might just order the kit and use plates and save the rest for if I fully delete down the road.
This will work correct??

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Any update on this. I still haven't got my plate

we talked on the night of the 2nd when I said I would send a replacement , I shipped it yesterday, so you'll probably see it Monday.

Reaction score
I have this exact issue on my '15 my egts run very low and I haven't seen over 600*. I've been in communication with Mike at No Limit for over a month and he has said I'm the only one hes heard of with the issue. I still have no solution and I'm starting to lose hope. I wish someone would come out with a blockoff plate that has a 1/8" bung for the edge. Ill post epics of my setup tomorrow.

Have had these made for years for this exact application

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Can anybody post an actual pic of this plate or the plate with pyro from bottom? I have a plate from rudys for 1/8" npt and edge pyro kit. I see no way for this to work without having the probe way up out of the exhaust flow or drilling the hole on plate out? thanks

Latest posts