'12 & minimax best tune for mpg and driveability?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Seems like my mpg is suffering these days and I'm about to do several long drives to Indiana and Texas. Figure now's a good time to upgrade tunes.

I'll be driving empty to IN, picking up a 34' bumper pull there, then back to SC and off to TX once it's loaded.

What's the verdict these days? Gearhead?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
if you ened an mcc unlock and gearhead tunes i offer a special on those packages.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
OK, got Gearhead tune.

Ran up to Indiana from SC. Best highway mpg was 16.4...running 80.

Picked up a 34' toyhauler. Ran over to Illinois to visit my Dad, then home to SC.

Gearhead folks said Street for best mpg, so that's what I ran.

On the way home hauling the new toyhauler I got 9mpg. :(
The 26gal tank got old fast. New 50gal is at the house, but I may trade the truck in on a '16 and don't want to install it twice.

Will say that as usual this mother' has gobs of power. I could go any speed I wanted even grossing 21k. Pulling out of a toll booth in IL I slowly brought it up and pinned the throttle. F'ing truck spun the tires!!! Even with 2500lbs of tongue weight!

So yea, it's got power.

Can't say if it's more than H&S w/o a dyno run. Butt dyno can't really tell any diff. Does seem a little peppier on the Performance tune, but I'm not running it much since I have plenty of power and am really just looking for better economy.

Happy customer.

Latest posts

Members online