Recommendations for SCT Custom Tunes???

bdm1981

Reaction score
Just was wanting some opinions with guys who are running custom tunes on an SCT tuner. I'm looking to delete my truck here in a few weeks and want a reliable custom tune setup for my truck. Not looking into getting an H&S Mini Maxx. I had bad luck with my last one when I had my Dodge. Just SCT only.

Reaction score
Correct me if Im wrong, but arent all these tunes right now on SCT all canned tunes (KEM, PIP, IDP)? I didnt think any of these required you to send them your specific engine file or anything for them to go in and edit to make it an actual custom tune. For example like Gearhead does for 11-14s. Are any of these tuning companies for the 15s offering actual custom tunes? Be curious to know.

Reaction score
Yes, there are custom tunes.

But isnt what most of the people getting just canned tunes emailed to them? The same tunes that if you purchased a new SCT tuner and said, I want IDP tunes on it? Like a preloaded IDP tune onto the SCT device? For the ones that are custom tuning it, are they requiring you to email them an engine/trans file first? Sorry for the questions, just not as sure how the custom tune process on the SCT works. I know on my 6.4, I had to physcially send IDP my SCT Livewire with all my engine and trans information for them to build me a file.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
There could be a good argument to be made they are "canned". The device/file does need your VIN. Is that canned or custom?

ftast350

Reaction score
What's the biggest difference between IDP and PIP or KEM other than the price tag?

DSL_PWR

Reaction score
What's the biggest difference between IDP and PIP or KEM other than the price tag?

EZBHj.gif

you went there didn't you? you did it now...

ftast350

Reaction score
Haha had too! Reason being is I got the "we don't do delete tuning" from IDP.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
From MY experience you can get what ever you want from any tuner if you work with them. For me I have a IDP tune that locks the TC early, clean and gives good mileage. Then I have a PIP tune that is heavy in rpm and is fun to drive but sucks the juice pretty good. But I worked with both tuners on each tune for a little bit.

bdm1981

Reaction score
Doesn't IDP only do canned tunes? I was considering doing canned tunes cause I heard a lot of good things about them. I was just worried about the long term effects on the exhaust filters with running a "canned tuner". That's why I was considering doing a delete on my truck.

DSL_PWR

Reaction score
Doesn't IDP only do canned tunes? I was considering doing canned tunes cause I heard a lot of good things about them. I was just worried about the long term effects on the exhaust filters with running a "canned tuner". That's why I was considering doing a delete on my truck.

Only if you know the secret handshake and head nod.

Talk to a dealer/vendor, they can provide you all the info you need.

bdm1981

Reaction score
Lol. Thanks. I'm new to this forum so I'm not real familiar with all the vendors. Sorry for all the questions but just curious who the best vendors to go through?

Latest posts

Members online