No power when cold

Cpstanley

Reaction score
I have a 2015 6.7 that I recently ******d and also did the EGR block. It is tuned with *** *4 and if I don't give it at least 15 minutes to warm up then it won't go past 1,500 or so rpms. I always take it easy when cold but my truck didn't do this before above mods.

Chris

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a 2015 6.7 that I recently ******d and also did the EGR block. It is tuned with *** *4 and if I don't give it at least 15 minutes to warm up then it won't go past 1,500 or so rpms. I always take it easy when cold but my truck didn't do this before above mods.

Chris

its in the saftey's built around the exhaust brake. it needs to be 100* of eot . this is very normal. typically using remote start a few minutes in advance makes it a non issue . or having a high idle mod.

Reaction score
Although I have the goodies ordered from you Mike (hopefully they will be here later this week!!), Im curious if all 15-16s experience this with all custom tune types on the S.C.T platform. I know my truck does not act like this now in stock form. If its a safety for the exhaust brake, how come it would only exist when tuned/d3leted trucks?

Chris, whos tunes are you running on S.C.T. Also, you may have to type the name in a weird way in order for us to read it due to blocking out a lot of the names anymore.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Mine does it. No big deal...it takes maybe 2 minutes to get temps up to 100 or more.

Reaction score
Mine does it. No big deal...it takes maybe 2 minutes to get temps up to 100 or more.

If it's intentional.. I like it, especially under 100*

I agree that this could be a great safety benefit! Almost like the defuel on the mini maxx until warm. I was just more or less curious if all the custom tunes available for SCT have this setting in place.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I have absolutely everything unplugged that I can lol. This thing might as well be a 7.3. Ccv re route, Stainless intake piping, no def tank, cooler is gone, ect.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I'm running p I p, thing on valve cover unplugged, exhaust missing, and the other plug. Can't remember what it's for. Up by fan

sootie

Reaction score
i remember this happening almost a year ago and the trucks that were affected required a certain egr plug to be either plugged in or not plugged in.

jwalk09

Reaction score
Haven't noticed that on my 15

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Mine did it on the first pip tunes, but I didn't have the throttle valve unplugged. Now that's not even on my truck lol

Cpstanley

Reaction score
Although I have the goodies ordered from you Mike (hopefully they will be here later this week!!), Im curious if all 15-16s experience this with all custom tune types on the S.C.T platform. I know my truck does not act like this now in stock form. If its a safety for the exhaust brake, how come it would only exist when tuned/d3leted trucks?

Chris, whos tunes are you running on S.C.T. Also, you may have to type the name in a weird way in order for us to read it due to blocking out a lot of the names anymore.

Got my tunes from most knowledgable person on this site. Don't want to say name for his protection unless he wants to. Did the full ****** and installed 4" MBRP down pipe with 5" Flo pro exhaust. My only big complaint is the smell I get in the cab when sitting at light or when warming up. Anyone have this problem?

Latest posts

Members online