transmission shot?

06fx46.0

Reaction score
Went to town tonight, drove about 20 minutes, slowed down to turn a corner and nothing. No reverse or forward gears. Got a ride home came back with a trailer, started it up and moved about 15 ft cold, then nothing. 06 ccsb idp tuned,116,000 miles. Any suggestions? Thanks.

sootie

Reaction score
Sounds like the clutches are smoked. any codes?

Contact Morgan @ Midwest Diesel and get a trans built the way you want it with your budget in mind 217-691-1909

i love mine...

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
When direct clutches go you will loose reverse and 3rd but still would be able to drive forward. The codes are probably solenoid d and friction d codes. I've been down this road quite a few times, 3 rebuilds with suncoast kits and 1 alto powerpack. Everyone here will point you to a sponsor of their choice who builds transmissions to help save you the headache and they also come with a warranty just in case.

06fx46.0

Reaction score
I called Midwest and left a message yesterday, also talked to warren. They seemed really helpful, any opinions on them, searched them and people seem to be pretty happy with their transmissions.

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Andy is really helpful I just got his competition build and am installing it as we speak. Had a few hiccups so far but this is my first trans swap and Andy was able to set me straight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06fx46.0

Reaction score
That's good to hear, going to haul it out there in a month or two and have them install it. How much HP and whos tunes are you using cr450?

04cr450

Reaction score
Gearhead srlxx reduced and full fuel.. andy will probably recommend his tunes as well- when he tested my truck out he mentioned how smooth the trans shifted with aggressive tunes.

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Ya Andy recommended gearhead and TSD to me. I went with TSD this time. 04cr450 just curious but what is your trans temp just cruising down the hwy?

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Depends. I've never tried both tuners with the exact same mods on the truck but when I had similar ones the TSD SPD just seemed smooth and had a bit more power it felt like. Not knockin Gearhead by any means. I like his a lot too. Tried innovative for a while and that's what I was running when my trans fried so I'll stick with gearhead and TSD from now on

04cr450

Reaction score
Ya Andy recommended gearhead and TSD to me. I went with TSD this time. 04cr450 just curious but what is your trans temp just cruising down the hwy?

my trans temp is around 150 degrees... All the time, i can be cruising through town, screaming down the highway, or making wot runs. stays at around 150 degrees

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Hmmm.... Mine bounces around the 160s. Been talking about it on the org with some other warren trans guys. Some see low like you and some see 175+. There must be some explanation....

04cr450

Reaction score
hmm. i dont know jack about trans so i have no idea why the temp ranges are different from trans to trans. All i can so though is, this comp trans is great. Shifting is firm, runs cool, and when the torque converter locks- u know it.

Latest posts

Members online