Engine harness issue

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
As some of you may have seen I'm having an issue with the wiring on the engine side of the 42 pin connector running to the injectors. I had to replace the drivers side male connector that runs into the UVCH. When it does the issue the check engine light pops on and runs rough, if I wiggle the wiring they'll all start firing etc. Finally did it when I had my laptop with me and these are the codes: idm code detected, ran a CCT, also ran a buzz test and came back with the second ones. Besides replacing the whole harness can solder in New wiring? Visually inspected it all and didn't see anything, must be an internal break. uploadfromtaptalk1430146520778.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430146534361.jpg

psduser1

Reaction score
As some of you may have seen I'm having an issue with the wiring on the engine side of the 42 pin connector running to the injectors. I had to replace the drivers side male connector that runs into the UVCH. When it does the issue the check engine light pops on and runs rough, if I wiggle the wiring they'll all start firing etc. Finally did it when I had my laptop with me and these are the codes: idm code detected, ran a CCT, also ran a buzz test and came back with the second ones. Besides replacing the whole harness can solder in New wiring? Visually inspected it all and didn't see anything, must be an internal break. View attachment 36220View attachment 36221

Yes, it can be done. Use good quality shrink tubing, and dialectic grease. Better yet replace the whole wire, connector to conector.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
That's the thing, not sure which wire or wires it is, don't want to have to replace the good ones

Latest posts

Members online