Balance Beads?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
What is everyones though on these? Wheel tire combo would be a 35x13.50 on a 20x12. I was wonder if it would be better than stick weight on every so often

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
id like to know as well.. i have done some reading on it but id like to hear first hand experience with them... from all i read, they work best if you static balance the tire(weights on inside only) the best you can then add a couple ounces of balance beads then you should never have a problem... that is what i was gonna try on my next set of tires to see if it would help offset whatever it is that i have bent on my left rear axle... i haven't really found out how long they last though?

live life full throttle

zilla68

Reaction score
i bought a full set for all 4 of my vehicles and every damn one of them had tire issues.
they probably work if you can get the amount needed correct.
I finally had enough and went to discount, paid the 60-80.00 for lifetime balance and rotate and called it a day.

even with the tech line help we couldn't get any of mine right.

they don't start balancing until like 25mph

78f100

Reaction score
I own a tire store and we use them all the time. I really like them in my personal truck as well.
I have had a few people who didn't like them but for the most part they are great if you start off with them in good tires.

Like already said the correct amount for the tire is crucial.

Last edited:

JrStroker

Reaction score
I own a tire store and we use them all the time. I really like them in my personal truck as well.
I have had a few people who didn't like them but for the most part they are great if you start off with them in good tires.

Would you recommend them in American Forces with 420s?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

so whats the best way to go about it? how long do they last?

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
Having the correct amount is definitely the most important thing to them. Can't just throw two bags in and call it good. I know someone who tried that and it wasn't that smooth of a ride at all. Thought they could mount at home. I bought a set of used tires with the beads still inside the tire. Blew right out with some compressed air, but they last as long as the tire does. Didn't see any harm to the wheel or tire either. Too bad the guy that's asking about length can't see this post

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I'm running equal in my 35 12.5 20 tires and i love it. Zero issues going on 3 years now on the same set. I'll never go back to wheel weights. My tire guy knew how much i needed when i asked about running it. It ended up being one bag per tire.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'm running equal in my 35 12.5 20 tires and i love it. Zero issues going on 3 years now on the same set. I'll never go back to wheel weights. My tire guy knew how much i needed when i asked about running it. It ended up being one bag per tire.
sweet. but bags come in many different sizes. lol

live life full throttle

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
sweet. but bags come in many different sizes. lol

live life full throttle
They have a chart they go by for how many ounces per tire. When I had my white truck the last set or two of 35s had them and then after I lifted it the mud grapplers and boggers both had them and rode surprisingly well. I think the boggers had 10 ounces in each tire.

But they were installed by two different shops in two different states and they both cut the bags open and poured the beads out. The only thing that you have to worry about is moisture when putting in air or what not.

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

WHY NOT

Reaction score
So besides a tire guy where do we find out how much weight/ beads do we need per wheel and do keep them in the bag or not?

Sent from my I fone 5

johnp115

Reaction score
It was the biggest waste of time and money when i did it in mine. In my tires you could actually feel when they stopped moving around the tire at higher speeds and felt like one portion of the tire was heavier. So the whole truck was hopping

Honestly you can NEVER beat a good balance. If you have somewhere with a quality machine ,that will always work better than beads. They're just stick on weights... If not then i guess try them, but i know how crappy my experience was.

Decker

Reaction score
I have used balancing beads many times. Have used them for 2 years now and love them. Have them in my DD which is on 35/12.5/r16 and i have zero issues with tire balance. Also used them on the larger tires for the toys 37-40s and haven't had a issue. I also will never be going back to wheel weights. Biggest thing is finding the right amount. i usually just went up to discount tire told them the size tire and he gave me the exact amount i needed for each tire.

78f100

Reaction score
Would you recommend them in American Forces with 420s?
It will not harm the wheel if that's what your asking. I have them in my bmf,s with 35 12.50 20 mud graps. They ride smooth as any tire I ever had. It's really according to how much rubber you have, 420,s should balance out good either way beads or weight as they are light and not agressive.
so whats the best way to go about it? how long do they last?

live life full throttle

I use equal and a brand called counteract. The counteract is actual glass beads, and is sensor safe. Basically you go by the chart that comes with the product, the bags come in 4,6,8,10,12oz. Remove all weight from wheel, throw the correct size bag and all in the tire, install a special valve core and done. It take a few miles to bust the bags then the powder is distributed to where it needs to be as the tire spins. It is not as effective at slow speeds. It last the life of the tire as long as moisture is not introduced to allow it clump, which I have never seen happen.

JrStroker

Reaction score
It will not harm the wheel if that's what your asking. I have them in my bmf,s with 35 12.50 20 mud graps. They ride smooth as any tire I ever had. It's really according to how much rubber you have, 420,s should balance out good either way beads or weight as they are light and not agressive.

I use equal and a brand called counteract. The counteract is actual glass beads, and is sensor safe. Basically you go by the chart that comes with the product, the bags come in 4,6,8,10,12oz. Remove all weight from wheel, throw the correct size bag and all in the tire, install a special valve core and done. It take a few miles to bust the bags then the powder is distributed to where it needs to be as the tire spins. It is not as effective at slow speeds. It last the life of the tire as long as moisture is not introduced to allow it clump, which I have never seen happen.

Mainly looking for balanceability.. they will be a 22x12 with a 305/45r22 General grabber UHP

04stroker

Reaction score
I love it but I have always had better luck cutting the bag and pouring it in. Couple times I just threw the bags in to bust like you are supposed too a couple ounces just stayed in a corner of the bag and bounced around in the tire and always shook never had issues though if I cut the bag and poured them in.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
The dually I have centramatics.
The other rolling turds get Dynabeads. No real reason other than I bought the centramatics before the Dynabeads. Dynabeads would work better though in my opinion because you have the weight further out.

Latest posts

Members online