2015 soft rear suspension

cranky1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, I plan on ordering the timbrens in the next week or two.

Jomax

Reaction score
Think Im going to order some Timbrens for my 13 tomorrow. Cant be bothered to run airlines and bags if Im going to sell it soon anyway.

Not sure which timbrens to go with tho.
Im finding 2 compatible part #s.
Can anyone with them post the part# you went with.

I just put the new airlift air cells. They're like timbrens but half the price. I'll let you know how they do.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I just put the new airlift air cells. They're like timbrens but half the price. I'll let you know how they do.

that was my other option to try. but like i mentioned, i got just the replacement rubber bumps for 36 bucks a piece and used a hockey puck as a spacer. ill post a pic in a second.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
firestone version.
df581c4754fe56e338122dd9c7261d96.jpg

live life full throttle

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I am using the Sumosprings with 4k pin weight and very happy with them. Ride great, nothing to go wrong. There softer then timbrens so the truck will squat an extra 1/2-3/4" over timbrens but even hitting huge bumps the rear feels really good. You don't get the kick like you do with timbrens. With 4k lbs the rear squats right about 2-2.5"

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
only time i get any kick is unloaded on gravel roads.. ride is fuggin awesome when towing. can be a lil harsh on gravel or a really chity paved road. just feels like a normal 1 ton to me though. not a sissyfied version as they are now.

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
I'm in love with the air cells. Ride way better than the timbrens. The bump stops kinda snap in the bracket for them. I can swap them out in less than 5min. Snap off the bumpstops, zip off the bracket with no need to jack the suspension up. And they're off. It seems in this pic I'm squating, but I didn't add the extra spacers I needed to make it level. I'd rather have more travel after I unhook the trailer while camping.

Truck would ride on the stock bumpstops with this trailer (Deaver springs are to blame)

20150520_150731.jpg

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I'm located in southern Illinois and will be towing through hills, how well do the timbrens work? I feel like I "need" more power too, actually just want to delete. Is there any place in southern Illinois?

Where are you located in southern il? If you want to see an air bag set up and how simple they are we can meet up some time. I couldn't do with out mine. This is about 3500 lbs in the bed. A rear away bar would be helpful sometimes though.
1c3929716633b84ae520d8fbf74aa400.jpg

Sent from my I fone 5

jcain

Reaction score
I'm towing a 5th wheel with a tongue weight around 3300 lbs. I stupidly did not get the camper package and just have the 2-1 springs. Any advice for this noob would be appreciated, I really don't want to do air bags. Should I do an add a leaf, or maybe look for f350 springs? Any vendors have a good solution? I got the 10k gvw with factory rails and a curtain q20 hitch. Toy hauler weighs 12750.

You're complaining that the rear has soft springs but did you ever bother to check your available payload? It's a giant yellow sticker on your driver's door jam.
I'd wager you're easily a 1000lbs over. You're likely over weight for even a SRW 350. Should have bought the right truck configuration.

cranky1

Reaction score
It's strange that a 3/4 ton crew gmc duramax squats much less then my rev cab 3/4 ton Ford diesel. Even if both are overweight.

Jomax

Reaction score
It's strange that a 3/4 ton crew gmc duramax squats much less then my rev cab 3/4 ton Ford diesel. Even if both are overweight.

It's quite simple, the rear of the ford rides better because it has softer leafs. Install airbags or airless bags and done.

Latest posts

Members online