Fuel Filter 'kit', is it worth it?

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Why don't you quit being such a ***king douche? If you aren't slamming someone you are selling something in the classifieds. Pretty much useless to this site imo...
You have got to be a real intelligent person,Did YOU not quote me om my ratings comment?No need to go back and forth with you.I never Bad Mouthed anyone ,about their products.I'm talking MICRON ratings.OK????

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
You have got to be a real intelligent person,Did YOU not quote me om my ratings comment?No need to go back and forth with you.I never Bad Mouthed anyone ,about their products.I'm talking MICRON ratings.OK????

sootie's a special sort. it's not that we CAN'T deport him from Canada it's just no one will take him!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Soooo.... is anyone going to correct me where I'm wrong on filtration ratings???

I'm being serious... and wide open. Not bashing them. Just using info I pulled on the filters, which is subject to be wrong!

I really don't see a need to personally kill each other on a fuel filter thread... Curtis is available in the Politics section if you need to exercise some anger... he has big Internet shoulders.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Soooo.... is anyone going to correct me where I'm wrong on filtration ratings???

I'm being serious... and wide open. Not bashing them. Just using info I pulled on the filters, which is subject to be wrong!

I really don't see a need to personally kill each other on a fuel filter thread... Curtis is available in the Politics section if you need to exercise some anger... he has big Internet shoulders.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
This may be fairly obvious, but I'm assuming that the Motorcraft filters hit as point where they can no longer support certain higher horsepower amounts? ie: they get restrictive right? is this the case if you're trying to run dual injection pumps?

Last edited:

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
This may be fairly obvious, but I'm assuming that the Motorcraft filters hit as point where they can no longer support certain higher horsepower amounts? ie: they get restrictive right? is this the case if you're trying to run dual injection pumps?

Somebody's getting close:)

08Monster

Reaction score

I tried to cross the filters to a CAT 2 micron HE filter as well. I found the Donaldson at 10, I couldn't find a 2 micron CAT that would fit. I'm sure with enough looking I could.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ford rules

Reaction score
Cat wouldn't have a 2 micron that small, you'd have to run the filters down on the frame as they wouldn't fit in the engine bay. I don't think cat even has a 2 micron anyway. All their common rail equipment runs 3 filters. One water separator then 2 fuel filters which i believe are a 4 micron but don't hold me to that micron rating its been a while since I had my common rail class lol

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Cat wouldn't have a 2 micron that small, you'd have to run the filters down on the frame as they wouldn't fit in the engine bay. I don't think cat even has a 2 micron anyway. All their common rail equipment runs 3 filters. One water separator then 2 fuel filters which i believe are a 4 micron but don't hold me to that micron rating its been a while since I had my common rail class lol

They sell a high efficiency filter that is 2micron. They have for many years now.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I know this is a tad old but thoughts bring me to a couple questions.

How does one prevent the frame rail pump from struggling to bring fuel thru a aftermarket fuel filter or fuel/water separator setup?

Seems as the OEM upper filter could be swapped out to a H&S kit, but then you may loose micron rated filtering capability. So if you added a lower micron filter on the lower pre-pump supply side that should help, but could cause flow issues thru to the lower pump.

I have to think one wants to prevent water more than trash (within reason) from getting to the lower pump. Install a good aftermarket water separator using a 25micron filter, then use the OEM filters in stock locations. Wouldn't that be the "best of both worlds"?

Nic

Reaction score
Or just do what I'm going to do and install my Fuelab setup I have sitting here and swap out the upper factory to HS that flows more fuel and be done.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I had a wix filter head and baldwin filter on my 6.0 pump for about 60k. Then I had one on my 7.3 for about 15k. No issues with either. I want to say it was a fuel water seperator and it was 5 micron with a drain. Filter was about 8 inches tall but the way I built the mount and installed it did not hang below the frame. Filter is still under 20 bucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Or just do what I'm going to do and install my Fuelab setup I have sitting here and swap out the upper factory to HS that flows more fuel and be done.

I have the H&S filter kit. Came off my 2015. Let me know if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online