364.5 Arrived

TMCCOY

Reaction score
Towing the 5th wheel next weekend to Savannah, GA with just the Mrs. and I :naughty:

We'll be rolling about 10K and will report back!

TMCCOY

Reaction score
Yep, no hills but I lived in the PNW for the last 20 years so I know plenty about them!

We'll have a great time I'm sure of it.

DieselMedic

Reaction score
Been following the post and just had the BD Scorpion S364.5sx-e kit installed with a FASS system. I have no experience with the other turbo and I can't really compare noise level in regards to whistle/whine but I see where y'all say how quiet it is. The reason I bring this up is because In this setup mine is fairly loud. Love the turbo performance wise but the consistent high pitch even at 2psi when cruising drives the family crazy. I'm good with it but already sick of listening to the kids complain. So to ease my mind could someone verify if this is normal or could something be incorrect with the install. Had a reputable shop do the install but they said this is the first time they have installed this kit.

LakeBum

Reaction score
Been following the post and just had the BD Scorpion S364.5sx-e kit installed with a FASS system. I have no experience with the other turbo and I can't really compare noise level in regards to whistle/whine but I see where y'all say how quiet it is. The reason I bring this up is because In this setup mine is fairly loud. Love the turbo performance wise but the consistent high pitch even at 2psi when cruising drives the family crazy. I'm good with it but already sick of listening to the kids complain. So to ease my mind could someone verify if this is normal or could something be incorrect with the install. Had a reputable shop do the install but they said this is the first time they have installed this kit.

Looks like the kit you installed is for a 6.7?

On my 7.3 the BW SXE 364.5 and 6637 filter the turbo is quite. Can I hear it sure but coming from a stock turbo with ported housing, the noise is all but gone.

On our last camping trip, the conversation in the cab was wonderful with the subtle faint sound of the SXE pulling hills :D

Last edited:

TMCCOY

Reaction score
We are loading up this morning and getting ready to hit the road in a couple hours. Looking forward to the drive and of course the tours and whatnot in Savannah!

LakeBum

Reaction score
We are loading up this morning and getting ready to hit the road in a couple hours. Looking forward to the drive and of course the tours and whatnot in Savannah!

Safe travels. Looking forward to an SXE towing review :clapping:

PS, your setup looks good!

Attachments

• IMG_20171027_095009176_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171027_095009176_HDR.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 74

TMCCOY

Reaction score
Finished a great weekend and can report that towing was easy. Cruising at 65mph EGT's are 800. Staying in OD and accelerating up a rise around 1700rpm I'll see 1100 degrees while borderline lugging. Definitely no issue on that drive but not nearly as challenging as the PNW Mountain passes or driving up to Glacier. Plenty of power and much quieter.

Latest posts

Members online