Damn dealer!!

dmd

Reaction score
Owner - Truck has a bad knock with a hole in the block, oil all over the place.

Dealer - Oh that is normal, they all do that.

Pretty typical answer.

Smokun

Reaction score
The service manager had a tech ram an oversize plug in there it sounds like. If that’s the case it’s basically cuts a different set of threads and time is limited with that every time you take it out and put it in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yep, been there done that. Hopefully they take care of you on it. When it happened to us, they pretty much told me it wasn't their fault, and they wouldn't do something like that. Basically, go pound sand. Stopped using that dealer, went on up 75 to a different dealer. Went good up there for about 5 years till one day they left my dipstick part way out. Over the course of the next 5,000 miles, oil blew up that tube, sprayed oil all over the top of the motor, hood...........etc. Now this dealer claimed no responsibility, offered to wash the motor at a discounted rate, but that's it. All oil changes are in house now.
Looks cool!. You can get higher capacity, but I don't see much point. The only reason I would is to get my drain plug to unload out the bottom instead of it pointing straight back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
you need a fumoto valve or ez drain plug
Would definitely like a drain plug in the bottom. Who makes good pans for our trucks?
get a fumoto or ez drain plug.. that way you never have to take it back out.
The service manager had a tech ram an oversize plug in there it sounds like. If that’s the case it’s basically cuts a different set of threads and time is limited with that every time you take it out and put it in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
see above.

live life full throttle

C2tuck

Reaction score
Ordered a Fumoto today. I’ll throw it on in 6-8months when I change my oil again...lol

Sent from where I am

Latest posts

Members online