Donaldson Blue 6637 air filter, better flow and filtration

jgross91482

Reaction score
I use the Napa Gold 6637 and it is great, compared to the K&N set up that was on the truck when I bought it. Not sure if the BLUE aspect isn't just for marketing purposes.

1997 F250 EC 4x4
D.I.Y. 6637, 3" DP, 4" straight pipe, TS chip, e4od w/ Suncoast internals, banks dynafact boost & EGT guages, autometer Trans Temp gauge

Derek0525

Reaction score
I have been running one for about 2 months now I was using the AFE Big Boost before but it got a hole wore in it from the factory battery box ( have a diff battery tray now ) so far I haven't had any problems with it. The flow is supposedly better than the regular 6637 but I wouldn't know first hand because I never ran one.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I'd be interested to see what this filter really is.

They're calling it a Donaldson... And a 6637. They are NOT the same.

Strokersace

Reaction score
It's a Donaldson filter they have a whole line of blue filters oil and Air that's all I know.
So it's not a 6637 filter then. That number is the Napa #. Not a Donaldson. 2 completely different filters that look the same. If it's Donaldson, then they shouldn't be calling it a 6637...

superduty4x4

Reaction score
So it's not a 6637 filter then. That number is the Napa #. Not a Donaldson. 2 completely different filters that look the same. If it's Donaldson, then they shouldn't be calling it a 6637...
As far as I know (which isn't much) it's a Donaldson filter made with water repellent media. Clay is probably marketing them as a "6637" because that's what every swinging dick that owns a 7.3 calls the filter, no matter which one they run or buy. I have never heard anyone say "check out my B085011 intake!" :D

Last edited:

Krause

Reaction score
As far as I know (which isn't much) it's a Donaldson filter made with water repellent media. Clay is probably marketing them as a "6637" because that's what every swinging dick that owns a 7.3 calls the filter, no matter which one they run or buy. I have never heard anyone say "check out my B085011 intake!" :D

^ exactly, know your audience.

Strokersace

Reaction score

^ exactly, know your audience.
You're exactly right and I completely agree! Know your audience. Clay marketed his kit as the 6637 kit from day one.

I don't know why but it's always been a pet peeve of mine saying that the Donaldson filter and the 6637 are the same filter because they're in fact NOT. And now, here we have Clay marketing them as the same thing, which I don't agree with!

Don't get me wrong, I get it. I just don't agree with it. Just muddies the waters even further, in my opinion.

Strokersace

Reaction score
. I have never heard anyone say "check out my B085011 intake!" :D

No, I used to say "Check out my Tymar intake!" LOL

How have you been man? Haven't talked to you in forever. I'm sure a lot had changed in both our lives since we last spoke. My number's still the same. Give me a shout sometime.

79jasper

Reaction score
Yep. I saw that same thing, forgot to post it. Lol
I just want the actual part number to look up the specs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Why does he have to provide a part number? So others can go buy the filters from Amazon?

I just ordered 2 and a pre-filter cause my am soil dry is toast. I didn't understand his instructions though on not buying them and waiting for the pre order... But oh well

ja_cain

Reaction score
Last edited: