Cracked piston= new build

Mwatson

Reaction score
So I had a 08 f350 crack a #8 piston. It's in the shop now and I would like to make sure I haven't missed anything with this rebuild. So far we have a by pass water filter, bypass oil filter, studs, international pistons, new injectors ( old failed testing), and I added a h&s single kit. Other than did i miss anything, does anyone have mileage reports on this single setup. I'm on stock fuel.
Thanks
Matt

Mwatson

Reaction score
Didn't just cavitate, the pump came apart. So new water pump and housing as well as updated new rockers and push rods

JumpMan92

Reaction score
Going through the same process with my truck did the maxxforce pistons and a sending 369 kit on stock fuel when it’s done I’m getting ********** tunes on her I can keep you updated depending on who gets done first lol

Mwatson

Reaction score
Please do. I went with a 72mm low pressure turbo and left the high pressure alone. Wanted a single butnibtow tnmuch and to heavy. I wanted the maxx force pistons but couldn't get them in time, so i got de lipped .20 over stocks. Looks like maybe i get mine back Friday..... But no promises

JumpMan92

Reaction score
I should have mine back by the weekend also the turbo kit just here today

Mwatson

Reaction score
He is still working on it and to be honest I'm not sure.the original cost est was 13k, but i added studs, a new turbo, Evans waterless coolant, oil bypass filter, water filter, airdog 2, and a oil cooler for the turbo, and some other stuff I've forgotten, right now I'm hoping its in the 16k range

Mwatson

Reaction score
Oh and to fight the front cover erosion problem we nickel plated the front cover, time will tell if that was a waste of time and money or not

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.