LOOKING TO DO A 6.7 LIFT PUMP UPGRADE

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking to upgrade my low pressure system on my truck. I have read that the fass and air dog units are not very good. I also do not like the way the air dog pump feeds the factory lift pump. After looking at those two brands up I came across the H&S setup, which looks very solid, but found that it has been discontinued. Has anyone built a setup using another brand pump like an aeromotive and then used a dahl style filtering system? I know that was a popular option on the 6.4 but that was also a lower pressure system. Just looking to get some ideas.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Is there a reason you think you need to upgrade the stock pump? The stock 6.7 pump is very good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Well it's been on the list to do and the other day I got to finish off my tires in a good ole burnout because I was getting some new ones. Traction control completely off and then it would get the tires spinning really good and then it would just shut down. All three times I tried in just drive and manual shifting. I looked over at my mini and would see my rail pressure dip down to around 20k and below and it would just putter out and shut the truck down.

With that being said I really need to check my low fuel pressure. Scanned it the other day with no codes.

And now that I mention that it is bringing back memories of previous events including a few times where the truck would shut down when I would romp on it. I could crank it back up, let it level out and get back into it with no problems.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I would verify that low pressure is your issue first. Wouldn't want to replace the lpfp with an expensive upgrade and find out that wasn't the issue.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
If it is lpfp it's hard to beat the stock one, it's good enough to feed any single hpfp and pretty reliable. The only aftermarket one I saw hold up well was the h&s, but I know some are partial to fass. I never had good luck with a fass feeding at high pressures like the 6.7 needs.

doo dah

Reaction score
That sounds more like the CP4 not keeping up. What year truck? What mods? What tune do you have? I have gotten the same thing but it is not the LPFP it is the CP4 not being able to provide the fuel my tuner demands.

Bigharm27

Reaction score
That sounds more like the CP4 not keeping up. What year truck? What mods? What tune do you have? I have gotten the same thing but it is not the LPFP it is the CP4 not being able to provide the fuel my tuner demands.

15 pump and 66mm street max. Midwest tunes

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Currently working on a setup to test my low side. Gotta get some fittings. Hopefully NAPA will have some in stock.

gilgamesh

Reaction score
I saw it on diesel ops and couldn't find it on the h&s site.
I called h&s back in November for one they said they weren't selling those kits any longer. I ended up getting a Fass200 so far so good. Can definitely hear the pump though.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I think the majority of people just go with the cheaper options. I had the benefit of seeing the h&s firsthand and I saw it being put to the test. It's quieter, reliable, and really high quality. But without that experience it might be difficult to justify for some. Also, like I said the stock pump really doesn't need replacing for most use cases, so there's another problem.

Latest posts

Members online