Irate fuel lines

Reaction score
why solder? just flare it

In a situation with new tubing and enough straight tubing to work with you are probably right, but I'm reusing lines, and there isn't enough straight to work with. I also would rather have female by female hoses the male by male.

Plus I don't have flare tools, and I've never had an issue with a silver soldered connection.

freddie

Reaction score
While putting together a shopping cart on the Summit site, I saw AN PTFE hose ends, and wondered how they differed from regular hose ends, being that I used PTFE lined SS braid for my fuel line.

When I did the fuel system years ago, I do not recall seeing the specific PTFE fittings, but I know that every single hose end was a major pain in the ass - hence why I was considering switching hose material (and ends if necessary) so as to not ever have to do a roadside repair with the SS braid PTFE.

I think my current hose ends are an eventual failure when used in combination with my hose type. Either need to switch out to other fittings, hose, or both. I think I am going to pull the trigger on the 444Fab kit as well.

Latest posts

Members online