New guy with 2011 6.7

Muller

Reaction score
Thanks everyone

I just bought this truck on a whim to pull my wakeboard boat better in Colorado high country. It has 100k on it and is super clean with great service records. I put maybe 8000 a year on my truck so I bought a 6.7 on 37’s ******* tuned and very light and it’s in the 165 quick throttle response tune. My question is how do I read egt’s? Also is that tune good for pulling around town and over the Rockies? Thanks for helping me out. I’m very new to this and it’s a blast.

Phydough

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck. It sounds really nice. I dont know about that tune. I have been running the tyrant tunes and they have worked flawlessly for me. I wouldn't run a big power adder tune for heavy towing, but I doubt the boat is that heavy when towing compared to what our trucks are rated for.

Xxlr8

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck. Its hard to find decent places to wakeboard in CO

As for reading EGTs, do you have some type of monitor already?

Muller

Reaction score
It has a nguage in the vent. Once I have my block off and sensor installed what output am I reading? We have awesome lakes. ��

Muller

Reaction score
Once block off is installed and I put *** temp sensor in the block off do I read pid egrt21?

gilgamesh

Reaction score
The closest connector for that is EGRT11 will ngauge translate the different sensor for you?

Muller

Reaction score
Not sure on the translation part. Spa r tan hopefully has it figured. Not sure though.

cappa

Reaction score
Yeah it works with spar ngauge or ndash. Egt probe out of exhaust installed into blocker plate, plugged into the egr sensor connector. Egtb is what it is labeled as on the ndash

rcg270

Reaction score
Early build or late build 2011? Early build I would be concerned.

In regards to the build date; What time frame is considered to be early or late, My window sticker, last box, bottom right indicates; F941 R 6B 2X 150 000147 02 09 11. But inside door jam says 1/11. So what build, job was my truck.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Your truck is a job 1. Job 2 started in feb/mar of '12.

EGT's should just be a matter of taking an exhaust probe (which you likey don't have) and putting it in the E G R blockoff plate. Then plugging it back in. Most tuners will read this location just fine.

I had a Minimax on my '12 with G3arhead tunes. Ran like a raped ape and got 18mpg doing it on big tires.

Latest posts

Members online