Click/clunk noise

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Have a click/clunk that happens every time I transition from accelerating to braking and vise versa. Even makes it when I leave a stop sign. As soon as I let off the accelerator I hear it clunk, then when I get back into the accelerator it clunks again. U joints all seem good, but can move the shaft coming out of the transfer around pretty good, and the slack in the T case makes a definite thud. Its very annoying. Any ideas? Here is a crappy cell phone vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0A3QvSYnQ8

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Anyone? Maybe u joints? No play on them with my hands but motor could make some?

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
I may have narrowed the noise down now that I was able to lay under the truck while he cycled back and forth from drive and reverse. Seems to be coming right from the middle of the driveshaft. There is nothing inside these aluminum drive shafts right?

sootie

Reaction score
I may have narrowed the noise down now that I was able to lay under the truck while he cycled back and forth from drive and reverse. Seems to be coming right from the middle of the driveshaft. There is nothing inside these aluminum drive shafts right?

there is foam, to dampen noise.

Latest posts

Members online