Is anyone else draining your fuel rail?

chaselee

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a 15 hpfp is compatible with my 2012? Will anything have to be changed in the tune or anything else? Or just bolt up and go.

sootie

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a 15 hpfp is compatible with my 2012? Will anything have to be changed in the tune or anything else? Or just bolt up and go.

It is compatible. Hard to even tell the difference between them. Tune changes arent "necessary" but you should be able to run more pulsewidth with the bigger pump and make some more power (on stock 11-14 turbo, not really ideal to crank it up too much anyway).

iirc 11-14 pumps tap out at 1331us and the 15+ can take 1800us

on edit: why not swap to a 15+ turbo at the same time-woudl only be another hour or two work. then you can make a decent amount of power somewhat safely.

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
Guess I got one of the better pump from the factory. Holds 28k IIRC at WOT. 90k miles. Never had it die on me even tapping out the max speed GH stops you at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Guess I got one of the better pump from the factory. Holds 28k IIRC at WOT. 90k miles. Never had it die on me even tapping out the max speed GH stops you at.

Were talking pulsewidth, not rail pressure lol

Any pump can maintain rail if the pulsewidth is short enough...

Also, i believe the GH tunes are more conservative than Tyrant

doo dah

Reaction score
I just got the T Y rant tunes from NL and had a shutdown while pulling my fiver. Granted, I was on the hottest tune and pulling 15K+ pounds, I switched to the tow tune and was easy on it after that and it didn't shut down again. I have a 2012 with non vgt and all stock on the fuel. Haven't tried to recreate without a load but if it happens again I guess based on this thread it is time for a new pump.

doo dah

Reaction score
You were towing 15k on the extreme tune!? Lol

Do it all the time depending on conditions. In the mountains I use tow but if I'm headed south to the beach it is all downhill and I only go 65 so this is the first time anything has happened. Had a 30 mph headwind combined with trying to pass a slow vehicle in traffic likely contributed. I keep a very close eye on temps and if things get hot I kick the tune down a notch.

chaselee

Reaction score
Do it all the time depending on conditions. In the mountains I use tow but if I'm headed south to the beach it is all downhill and I only go 65 so this is the first time anything has happened. Had a 30 mph headwind combined with trying to pass a slow vehicle in traffic likely contributed. I keep a very close eye on temps and if things get hot I kick the tune down a notch.

I hear ya. I don't have an egt gauge so I don't chance it with anything heavier than my lowboy. Plus I know how heavy my foot can be.

Jomax

Reaction score
I've towed 22k in my race tune. Just control your right foot.

Latest posts

Members online