Red Eagle VS GPZ's for direct clutch

faulk222

Reaction score
so i smoked Direct clutch again i had a 5 clutch Red Eagle pack in it and and Kolene Steels but from what i am reading most people seem to like GPZ's for being more forgiving if you get a 3-5 flair seems the tranny got to come out again should i change it to GPZ's if so would the direct piston be the same??

only done 2 or 3 spirited acceleration since the rebuild then it goes 1-2-3-slip
i was hoping the modded direct sol crapped out so i got a new ford one but when i pulled the pan the direct clutch maternal was in it so out it comes again

faulk222

Reaction score
PIP right now but I know it got to change before they got shut down we were working on the tcm tune to fix a 3-5 flare

faulk222

Reaction score
just ordered a 6 clutch pack GPZ with a piston to be sure see how that will play out :lookaround: hopefully this will be the last time i have to remove the tranny for a while

sootie

Reaction score
Good tuning will be your friend. Get GH or Midwest. Also replace your direct solenoid at least with a new stock one.

faulk222

Reaction score
Good tuning will be your friend. Get GH or Midwest. Also replace your direct solenoid at least with a new stock one.

already got a new direct sol from ford when i get direct rebuilt new tunes are in my future the cost isn't high but it is a PITA to change them

Latest posts

Members online