6.4 Single Turbo

sootie

Reaction score
so you are on stock nozzles now and the truck falls on its face? I still would monitor rail pressure.

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
so you are on stock nozzles now and the truck falls on its face? I still would monitor rail pressure.

Ok let me clear this up it's not dropping tail pressure I worded it wrong fall on face to me = runs out of legs or the power seems to stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The 66mm is going to run out of steam with stock fuel. You have nothing there to fuel it on the top end. I think would be surprised at how well they run on the top end when you have fuel to match.

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
Yea maybe I don't know if I want to spend the money again just to try it though ha

RSK

Reaction score
You need more air... my s467.7 pulls hard to 100+ stock fuel with very conservative tuning... Very little smoke even towing 5-8k on a daily basis, it will haze constantly going down the highway at 65-70 if i don't lock overdrive out but that's more the 3.55 gearing i have. Small 300 housing run out of air very quickly where the 400 series move the power up a little higher breathe better up top to sacrifice a little low end.

Strokersace

Reaction score
You need more air... my s467.7 pulls hard to 100+ stock fuel with very conservative tuning... Very little smoke even towing 5-8k on a daily basis, it will haze constantly going down the highway at 65-70 if i don't lock overdrive out but that's more the 3.55 gearing i have. Small 300 housing run out of air very quickly where the 400 series move the power up a little higher breathe better up top to sacrifice a little low end.
How are you locking OD out?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bryce_fow

Reaction score

So your on stock fuel with a 467 is it laggy I was nervous about going to 4 frame

RSK

Reaction score
if he runs GH tuning, you can lock it out with the tow/haul button

Exactly, tow haul locks it out, and it won't shift into OD until 70mph. So if i'm towing heavy 10k plus i just roll down the highway at 60 or 80 there isn't an inbetween with 3.55's unless i lock out od then i can do 65-70 but the rpms are similar to a 450 with 4.88's and you're running 2500 rpm down the highway

RSK

Reaction score
So your on stock fuel with a 467 is it laggy I was nervous about going to 4 frame

It's got a little lag to it still but again i have very conservative tuning from gear head, and have the same amount of smoke down low as i had with stock compounds, and more low boost fueling will help the turbo spool quicker but i don't want more smoke, it's on my company truck, lettered up. I tow with it 6-7 days a week 9-10 months out of the year, no issues. on the highway from 1800-2000, i can build 40psi easing into the throttle without causing a downshift from over drive empty with no trailer on stock tires, level ground. 30-60% nozzles and dual fuel and it would spool like stock i'm sure.

Strokersace

Reaction score
if he runs GH tuning, you can lock it out with the tow/haul button

Exactly, tow haul locks it out, and it won't shift into OD until 70mph. So if i'm towing heavy 10k plus i just roll down the highway at 60 or 80 there isn't an inbetween with 3.55's unless i lock out od then i can do 65-70 but the rpms are similar to a 450 with 4.88's and you're running 2500 rpm down the highway
Interesting. I don't think my tyrant tunes have that feature.

That's one of the things I don't care for in our 6.4 with 3.55s and 35s. When loaded, I run it in tow/haul at all times so that I'm not constantly lugging it. Truck runs awesome at 80+, but on the 2 lanes at 60-70 I have to work the throttle pretty hard to stay on top of it.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Interesting. I don't think my tyrant tunes have that feature.

That's one of the things I don't care for in our 6.4 with 3.55s and 35s. When loaded, I run it in tow/haul at all times so that I'm not constantly lugging it. Truck runs awesome at 80+, but on the 2 lanes at 60-70 I have to work the throttle pretty hard to stay on top of it.

Ask Cale to lock out 6th with T/H, he can do it.

I even run it locked out with stock compounds DRW (Patriot OST)

Helps slowing down on hills and helps with climbing hills towing also.

SRW with the 3.55's and billet 366 it helped out tremendously with cruising power running GH at that time.

Last edited:

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
It's got a little lag to it still but again i have very conservative tuning from gear head, and have the same amount of smoke down low as i had with stock compounds, and more low boost fueling will help the turbo spool quicker but i don't want more smoke, it's on my company truck, lettered up. I tow with it 6-7 days a week 9-10 months out of the year, no issues. on the highway from 1800-2000, i can build 40psi easing into the throttle without causing a downshift from over drive empty with no trailer on stock tires, level ground. 30-60% nozzles and dual fuel and it would spool like stock i'm sure.

Who's kit do you have and is your a standard 467

Reaction score

That's pretty impressive. Would you mind posting up a video of that for us? It would be cool to see a 467 coming on hard from such a low RPM. Select boost and RPM on the display so we can see the correlation.

Last edited:

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score

he doesnt need more air at all on stock fuel so that statement is totally wrong.

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
That's pretty impressive. Would you mind posting up a video of that for us? It would be cool to see a 467 coming on hard from such a low RPM. Select boost and RPM on the display so we can see the correlation.

I second that just cause I am about to mak a move one way or the other

RSK

Reaction score
Who's kit do you have and is your a standard 467

Mpd single kit, and i have a borg warner s467.7 with the fmw and race cover with a .90 divided housing. And 87 exhaust wheel. I know for a fact the billet helps it spool and having the smaller exhaust wheel helps a lot with spool up along with the tighter exhaust housing...I'd imagine if i ran the standard cover it would spool even better.

Latest posts

Members online