2003 6.0 nightmare

kennycullipher

Reaction score
I have a 03 F250 crew cab that has fuel system problems. New Motorcraft filters, new Motorcraft fuel pump (frame rail) new pressure regulator kit, cap. It's starving for fuel, it will run fine until you put a load on the engine then it shuts down. Open the filter cap and no fuel.
I am out of ideas

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
How full is the tank? If the sock falls off, youll run out of fuel at about 1/4ish tank. Not only that, but the 6.0 sending units arent the most reliable parts out there...

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Did you put the hoses on the fuel pump right? On the backside, one section is suction, other is return. If they are backwards it will cause goofy chit too.

kennycullipher

Reaction score
Both low and high oil pressure are good. When I cycle the fuel pump to fill the bowl the fuel drains back out of the supply line. The return line feel like it has a vacuum on it

kennycullipher

Reaction score
Did you put the hoses on the fuel pump right? On the backside, one section is suction, other is return. If they are backwards it will cause goofy chit too.
What are some signs that the sending unit is bad

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Not reading proper level. It doesnt sound like thats it though. Had a buddy put injectors in one, wouldnt run right. Would barely start after hedrove it. Towed it to the shop, gauge said al.ost 1/2 tank. Put 10 galloms in it, fired right up and ran like a top.

rockycreek

Reaction score
Was the pickup foot broken into 100 pieces when you changed it? Did you blow the lines out with compressed air? Might have gotten some plastic lodged in the fuel lines somewhere.