Spacers with stock wheels

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
My boss/father is running the stock lariat wheels on his truck, and is dissatisfied with how "tucked under" the truck they look. Is it going to look weird having 275's pushed out 2 inches? Does anyone have photos of something like this?

He doesn't really want aftermarket wheels right now, it's his "work" truck so he wants to keep it understated. Just leveled, fronts tinted to match, pulled the stickers off the bed. He likes the "OEM+" look.

fr0zen.comms

Reaction score
I would think having skinnier tires sticking out might look a little odd but too each their own. I think if he goes smaller on the spacers so the tires are just past flush it might look better then if he goes for 2" past flush.

Maybe get a cheap set off eBay to see how it looks and if he likes it get a good set to actually drive on.

Reaction score
Post #562 in wheel/tire tech thread has 275 stock 18s on 05-07 with spacers..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
I would think having skinnier tires sticking out might look a little odd but too each their own. I think if he goes smaller on the spacers so the tires are just past flush it might look better then if he goes for 2" past flush.

Maybe get a cheap set off eBay to see how it looks and if he likes it get a good set to actually drive on.

I was thinking 2 inch spacers, that should sit about flush I think, maybe a tad bit out, but nobody wants to trim studs. Definitely will get a crappy set of spacers to see how it looks and then get something decent to drive on. I should have been clearer in my op.

Post #562 in wheel/tire tech thread has 275 stock 18s on 05-07 with spacers..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip!

Doesn't look bad, and if he really doesn't like it he can sell them and recoup at least some of what he spent on it.
On a truck that retailed for many tens of thousands when new, a hundred bucks to try and fail at getting the look right isn't whole lot.

Koda22

Reaction score
Id love to slap a set of spacers on, but seems like a set of good spacer will cost close to the price of a set of rims

Padoo

Reaction score
I just put 17 stock platinum wheels on my truck and got rid of my 24" forces. running 2" spacer with them.

IMG_3008.jpg

Latest posts

Members online