Overall height on Carli 2.5 level kit

andrewtac

Reaction score
Looking for a softer ride on 2016 CCSB FX4, almost exclusively pavement truck (deer lease has some rough roads, but I go really slow). The parking garage​ I use has minimal clearance at stock ride height. I need to get an actual measurement next time I am in there, for clearance. Was looking at the Carli 2.5 commuter level kit. It appears to level the truck raising the front only. I assume since the back remains at the same height the overall ride height remains unchanged.

JRLott

Reaction score
250 or 350. Typically you'd run an F350 or 4" rear block with a leveling kit to keep it from looking like a crapping dog. Raising only the front will raise the cab. Pull the truck into your garage with the front of the cab under the door. Jack the front up until the tires are 2.5" inches off the ground and look at the difference. Do check it regularly so you don't shove it into the door.

andrewtac

Reaction score
Sorry, 250. Didn't realize the back required a block as well, makes sense. I thought it was to remove the rake, not even sure there is any. Primarily looking for a smoother ride. I like the test for raising the tires 2.5", that would answer the question for me.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I asked a member that hasn't logged in, in almost 2 years but he was running the Carli BackCountry kit and he said ground to cab was 82".

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Sorry, 250. Didn't realize the back required a block as well, makes sense. I thought it was to remove the rake, not even sure there is any. Primarily looking for a smoother ride. I like the test for raising the tires 2.5", that would answer the question for me.

If you are keep stock wheels and tires, you could always throw a set of 35X12.50s on the stock wheels ( minor rubbing at full tilt on the radius arms) and spend some money on a good pair of king shocks if the lift makes it too tall for the parking garage. Just a thought of course.

JRLott

Reaction score
There isn't usually a ton, but adding 2.5 to the front and 2 to the rear levels it some while keeping a bit of rake...which I like. I measured mine one day with an 800 pound motor in the bed because I thought it looked ass low...it wasn't. IIRC, it was very close to perfectly level.

You'll love the ride improvement. I went with Bilstien shocks, but will go with Fox next time. People say they are that much better...then there are the Carli tuned Fox, which make me drool a bit, and of course King. All depends on what you want to spend on a nice ride.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online