6.4 Blown up?

Opz350

Reaction score
Well, I'll know more Tuesday but I think I may be looking for an engine..
2008 F450, *** ******d, EGR ******d. Only tune is for the ******s. Friday I was hooked to my 42 toy hauler and just pulled out onto the highway starting to accelerate. About 45-50mph all the sudden started shaking badly, so I got out of the gas and noticed I could still feel it. Pulled over and definitely a hard miss. I shut it off restarted it same thing dead miss. I checked the oil, looked fine, no codes thrown. So I called my buddy the diesel mechanic and he brought a modus out to check it out. Hooked up and shows no codes at all just a cylinder imbalance, dead #1 cylinder...
With the oil cap off I had some steam coming up but didn't look like puffing just coming up. Definitely smell raw fuel in the exhaust when was running although not pumping smoke. I had it towed to his shop. Going to do a compression test Tuesday but I'm worried that it's a piston or something such as that.
I wasn't in the gas hard when I was accelerating I usually take my time getting up to speed. No bang, pop, nothing just started bucking. I actually thought it was my transmission until I got out of it and could feel the miss.
So..with that said, where's a good place to get a short block that won't kill the bank? Or should we tear it down and do a rebuild? I may be jumping the gun, but I'm sure worried that it's bad...
Any help or recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
likely cracked a piston. call Morgan @ Midwest Diesel for a short block.

Opz350

Reaction score
Anyone have a website or something for them? I googled Midwest diesel and all kinds of Midwest diesel shops come up

Opz350

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yep, zero compression in number 1....