2010+ Front and Rear Axle Conversion

stonepusher

Reaction score
I have seen this done on a few trucks for sale but I was curious if anyone on here has done this conversion. I want to do it but would like to know what all is entailed do accomplishing this conversion. Axles will be off a 2005 Superduty or a 2010 Superduty. Thanks in advance.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Yeah I have pretty straight forward. Most holes line up, drill me out for half inch bolts bolt the buckets in and rill the rest. Honestly not bad. Worst part was drilling, good bits and a drill will help a lot. Mine kept over heating. Sway bar bolts up, rad arm rackets bolt up for the most part, track bar bracket needs to drilled and mounted, need to swap gear boxes or ream out the stock pitman arm which I did. Believe it is a 1.5 degree taper. Rear bolts right in except the parking brake cables are diff where they mount to the bracket and need to use your stock passengers side shock mount on the new rear. I could prob do the swap in a day now.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
The stock rear passenger shock mount didn't work with the rear sway bar on my Ex.

I ended up ordering a 2006 driver side mount that I will modify to mount up on the passenger side.

TARM

Reaction score
Yes you need to get either a conversion adapter that allows it to be used or use the X one. I never liked the X one so converted.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.