Recommended Injectors for Garrett 38R Turbo

Enoch

Reaction score
Well I guess it came down to old and weak injectors.
They use Unlimited Diesels Injectors (Stage 1.5 160/30) and a tune from SCT. I know I'm not a fan of SCT at all. I see Unlimited is a vendor on here so that's a plus.
I was leaning towards the Full Force Injectors with the TS Performance w/ Tunes (modified set-up). But not apposed to the Unlimited Injectors but don't like the SCT idea at all.
Full Force's Stage 1's are 180/30

who writes custom tunes to a sct device for these tucks? i didnt think amyone did that.. unless they memt a TS style chip with custom tunes..stage ones are 160/0s or 160/30s which are 160 cc injectors and stock or 30% over stock injectors..

stage 2s are up to 200cc injectors with any nozzle size over stock.

stage 3s are usually hybrids that are over 200cc with bigger nozzles.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the clarification. I guess the shop goes through SCT or something like that.
Full Force Stage 1
http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/stage-1-180cc-single-shot-injector-set/
Full Force Stage 1.5
http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/stage-1-5-180cc-single-shot-injector-set/

Do you think it's worth getting the 1.5 over the 1 for the extra money.

and full force injectors are pretty good. they have been around for a while. been abusing a set in my 7.3 for over 100k..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Haha Thanks.

Isn't River City diesel in your town? Might be worth taking it by there if you don't have a good way to test it or want a second openion. I would be Leary of the shop that told you the engine is worn out just because of mileage. You really need someone to do a cylinder contribution test. You can monitor ipr dutycycle and icp on your sct, even if it's a old x3. Does it run rough when you start it cold?

River City Diesel is right down the road but when I called about a week ago they said they no longer do service work anymore.
I have 330K miles but I'm the 2nd owner and bought it with 208k miles and I only tow a 6x12 cargo trailer and I don't abuse it at all & have no blow by issues.
1st owner raced midget cars so he towed his trailer with his car and race equipment. Which is the extent of the trucks work history.
So yeah I'm not a fan of hearing my motor is tired due to "high" mileage.
May be some shops are tad biased or have seen a lot of tore up 7.3s?

I'll see about monitoring what you mentioned on the SCT and the truck runs smooth when 1st started.
Just looking for the truck to run like it should with out chugging up hills and under a load. lol

Last edited:

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Cale @ Tyrant....get ahold of Mike aka: bigrpowr (No Limit Fabrictaion) for Cale's Tunes.

Go luck getting a hold of Jonathan @ DynoProven who were known as No Limit Tuning & Design back in the day. (no affilliation with Mike)

Billy T.
[email protected]

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Cale @ Tyrant....get ahold of Mike aka: bigrpowr (No Limit Fabrictaion) for Cale's Tunes.

Go luck getting a hold of Jonathan @ DynoProven who were known as No Limit Tuning & Design back in the day. (no affilliation with Mike)

Billy T.
[email protected]

Enoch

Reaction score
Will look him up, thanks.

Edit: Pm sent

Last edited:

psduser1

Reaction score
Well I guess it came down to old and weak injectors.
They use Unlimited Diesels Injectors (Stage 1.5 160/30) and a tune from SCT. I know I'm not a fan of SCT at all. I see Unlimited is a vendor on here so that's a plus.
I was leaning towards the Full Force Injectors with the TS Performance w/ Tunes (modified set-up). But not apposed to the Unlimited Injectors but don't like the SCT idea at all.
Full Force's Stage 1's are 180/30

Thank you for the clarification. I guess the shop goes through SCT or something like that.
Full Force Stage 1
http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/stage-1-180cc-single-shot-injector-set/
Full Force Stage 1.5
http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/stage-1-5-180cc-single-shot-injector-set/

Do you think it's worth getting the 1.5 over the 1 for the extra money.

Haha Thanks.

River City Diesel is right down the road but when I called about a week ago they said they no longer do service work anymore.
I have 330K miles but I'm the 2nd owner and bought it with 208k miles and I only tow a 6x12 cargo trailer and I don't abuse it at all & have no blow by issues.
1st owner raced midget cars so he towed his trailer with his car and race equipment. Which is the extent of the trucks work history.
So yeah I'm not a fan of hearing my motor is tired due to "high" mileage.
May be some shops are tad biased or have seen a lot of tore up 7.3s?

I'll see about monitoring what you mentioned on the SCT and the truck runs smooth when 1st started.
Just looking for the truck to run like it should with out chugging up hills and under a load. lol

Rated service life of 7.3 injectors is 200k miles. I'd say you re doing ok, lol.
The device the tunes are written on isn't a huge deal, but the ts style chip, or its newer version-hydra-will give you several options for tuners.
My vote is still Matt at g-head. Maybe a bit lower on gross power output, but very clean tunes!

Enoch

Reaction score
Rated service life of 7.3 injectors is 200k miles. I'd say you re doing ok, lol.
The device the tunes are written on isn't a huge deal, but the ts style chip, or its newer version-hydra-will give you several options for tuners.
My vote is still Matt at g-head. Maybe a bit lower on gross power output, but very clean tunes!

Thanks on the info and input. I'll look into Matt as well and not too concerned on gross power output. Just want it to be able to tow, go up a hill and go when I need it too. :)

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i wouldn't be afraid to run unlimiteds injectors at all either. lifetime warranty and i believe matt at g-head supports them tuning wise. very good combo to have.

live life full throttle

Enoch

Reaction score
Thanks, anyone have Matt's contact information. Not sure if I'm just missing it or looking in the wrong place but can't seem to find it.
Will look some more.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I have injectors from unlimited this go around. No feedback though other than there service was great. Still working on putting together my Excursion and getting it running.

Enoch

Reaction score
I have injectors from unlimited this go around. No feedback though other than there service was great. Still working on putting together my Excursion and getting it running.

You going with a custom tune, if so who or which one?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Yes. Prob Ghead as I ran his tunes before and was happy with them. Not the fastest but the best daily driver tunes I have tried. That is all my Ex is so good daily manners is what I am going for.

psduser1

Reaction score
Yes. Prob Ghead as I ran his tunes before and was happy with them. Not the fastest but the best daily driver tunes I have tried. That is all my Ex is so good daily manners is what I am going for.

Exactly where I'm at!

Matt did tell me he's written a lot of tunes for unlimited 's injectors, with much success.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I use and prefer Matt's tuning. I have unlimited injectors. They were the only company who was willing to "work with me" on getting it dialed in. The others said, oops sorry. Even though you bought "custom tunes" you need live tuning now. Though when I tried the others I was just trying to make them more like Matt's anyways. LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online