Dual fueler tune options

andrewtac

Reaction score
Streetmaxx, MW intake pipe kit, NL intake and intercooler. Added a ez link and Midwest duel fueler yesterday. PPEI tune now as well (Ford 15-16 6.7L. DFuel. FTurbo. SOTF. V2.2X). While it is amazing and the power is almost instant while driving it seems like I have 4.56 gears and a power glide, it holds gears to 2k; seems to shift around 10mph per gear (2-20, 3-30, etc); and that is being easy on it; mid range to about 1/3 power it holds out longer. Like it is always ready to run. Not necessarily a bad thing, again crazy fast and plenty of power on tap. Also the swoosh sound around idle seems to have disappeared. I have probably put 80 miles on it and romped on it pretty good; not sure if the tranny is done learning, but seems consistent. Tune also seems pretty clean; again it is great just not exactly what I am looking for during daily driving.

Previous tune was for everything but the dual fuel and on an sct. It was fast as well, but seemed to not hang on to gears as long. When I drove it like an old man, it reacted as such (smooth early shifts and mellow); and when I got on it she spooled as was off to the races. Never thought I'd miss the swoosh at idle. Am I stuck with the 4.56 and powerglide or is there something else that would be similar to previous tune?

andrewtac

Reaction score
After some google searches I discovered a 2nd gear torque converter lockup overlay flash for all of their 15-16 tunes; much better. Behaves much better when driving normal, almost feels stock like tell I mash on it.

jcain

Reaction score
You are using a file designated for a fixed vane turbo so that in turn will hold gears longer to keep it lit. They have specific smax tunes, ask kory for it.

jcain

Reaction score
Oh, and PCI writes specific tunes for that combo of parts as well. Call Midwest.

Latest posts

Members online