aftermarket or home made grilles?

FordDZLMan

Reaction score
i think i would make a "mounting plate" that works with you grill and holepattern with just sme thin sheet metal the size of your emblem. st use double stick tape to put emblem on the "plate"

I tried something similar to that on the bumper I made and took an old Ford oval and cut the studs off the back and kinda "glued" it on but the first thing that I tried my bumper out on popped it right off. I like the idea of having some sort of bolt and nut type of thing to hold it on but no idea how to do it. The one I tried to put on my bumper came of a body panel so it had the studs and the factory adhesive on the back(that I had to scrap off), no tin nuts.

FordDZLMan

Reaction score
Something else I just thought of is how do you guys open your hood with that grille? Did you modify the factory latch or something?

Yodersstrokin96

Reaction score
i just got a piece of electrical wire that tied to the latch and ran to the passenger side or i had it at first with a throttle cable off a mower riged up under my bumper i can get some pictures later

TunnelRam7_3

Reaction score
i just got a piece of electrical wire that tied to the latch and ran to the passenger side or i had it at first with a throttle cable off a mower riged up under my bumper i can get some pictures later

So that answers one of my questions. Other one is do I leave the bump stop things at the corners of the grill on the bottom?

Sorry for the bump but I don't wanna start a new thread when there's already one out there on it. People don't seem to like that.