So this just happened

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
Well its the original cap I've always had. Been using motorcraft filter always and havnt had any issues what so ever.

08 F250 RCD 369sxe, 6.0 manifolds and rcd hd up pipes. arp studs. rcd pushrods and hd lifters. no limit intake. Patriot ost soft tunes.

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
After doing an image search for stock ford cap i definitely see what you are saying... im looking into it now...wow

08 F250 RCD 369sxe, 6.0 manifolds and rcd hd up pipes. arp studs. rcd pushrods and hd lifters. no limit intake. Patriot ost soft tunes.

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
This kinda scares me. Ive been running motorcraft filter in this truck the whole time and always used this cap. Never had any oil starvation issues, which now blows my mind.

sootie

Reaction score
you dont know if you have issues or not. the tall cap may not activate the anti drain valve correctly and each time you start the motor its like starting it dry until base oil pressure raises

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
That doesn't even worry me that much, it's the lack of filtration. The oe filter doesn't even snap into that cap. It's just bouncing around in there.

That cap should even say "DO NOT REUSE"

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
Ford cap is on now guys hopefully no damage done this is why I'm glad I post on here so people like you can point out the basic simple **** that I look over

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
Filter did snap into old cap though

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
Better?
f08aeba9934d00128ae297e02065c7d6.jpg

Latest posts

Members online