KC Turbo 6.7 Testing Thread

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I set the cruise on 75 and hang out in the slow lane. I have 3.31 gears and tiny 32.5 inch tires. I am sure that helps the mpg factor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
oh wow.. yeah, id say that helps. i get 20 with the cruise set at the speed limit.. 17ish between 75-85 mph. im on 35s with 3.55s too..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I get that good and better economy on the hwy in my 2015. Best i have ever gotten was my last tank. On a couple back to back trips to houston to drop off supplies. I have a notebook record and hand calc everything.

Lucky you lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Lucky you lol.

Yea i dont "use" my truck like you do....heck not many of us do. Oh that mileage is on the GH sotf race setting. Race setting has consistently gotten me the best combined and hwy fuel economy.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yea i dont "use" my truck like you do....heck not many of us do. Oh that mileage is on the GH sotf race setting. Race setting has consistently gotten me the best combined and hwy fuel economy.

sweet. i have some of the first tunes offerd by punch!t.. i dont mind them at all. but my mileage is chit in the hottest/race tune. so it stays on the performance setting.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
In the next few weeks we plan to do a 2015 turbo and pump swap, along with some No Limit goodies.

We are going to first develop the 2015 turbo options (because honestly they are so much easier). If people still feel there is a market then we might try to make some true drop in 2011-2014 options for those interested.

No pipe kit for now... but we plan to get one later and dyno the results to see the difference.

We already have a few designs ready to test on the 2015 turbo platform. Next month we hope to start swapping and getting the results.

please post up your results when done; especially any 11-14 drop in kit info!

Reaction score
I think an affordable drop in for the 11-14 would be the ticket, especially cause it cost so much to upgrade that platform. As many 11-14 trucks that are out there I'd bet you'd make a killing!

KCTurbos

Reaction score
We have a couple unique ideas for the 11-14 we hope work out well. No one offers a good drop in 11-14 upgraded turbo because they are just so hard to upgrade.

Reaction score
What about a 11-14 cab and chassis turbo? Is it a direct drop in? Isn't it a more conventional vgt, which would make it easier to modify?

Last edited:

KCTurbos

Reaction score
What about a 11-14 cab and chassis turbo? Is it a direct drop in? Isn't it a more conventional vgt, which would make it easier to modify?

Kinda... the biggest issue we keep running into is the turbine wheel. The 11-14 cab and chassis turbos eliminates the double sided comp wheel, but still has a baby turbine wheel and no way to fit anything big enough to make a difference.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Kinda... the biggest issue we keep running into is the turbine wheel. The 11-14 cab and chassis turbos eliminates the double sided comp wheel, but still has a baby turbine wheel and no way to fit anything big enough to make a difference.

Thats why nobody has spent the time to reconfigure any 11-14 turbo and market it in the last 7 years. Other than the wicked wheels.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
We finally got the time to swap on the 2015 pump and turbo. THANKS TONY!

It made a HUGE difference. We have not even adjusted the tunes yet, but I would guess we picked up 50-75hp. The feeling when the 2nd gear lockup kicks in and your roll into the throttle is AMAZING! TSD SPD tune with early lockup FTW!!!

We plan to hit up the dyno early next week to get an exact number. Then we plan to test a few drop in billet wheels on this 2015 turbo to see if it is worth it... then onto bigger/better things!

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Can't wait for the results!

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Here are the results from swapping the 2015 turbo onto our 2011 test truck. Results were exactly as expected but it is still fun to see the actual data on a dyno graph. This is still on stock 2011 fueling, stock intake/air filter, etc. This is just a 2015 turbo, ******d, and tuned truck.

Peak Torque went from 1194tq @ 1770rpms to 1207tq @ 2070rpms
Peak Horsepower went from 480hp @ 2580rpms to 534hp @ 2790rpms

So we lost about 300rpms of spool up, but gained a peak 13tq and 54hp.

If you look at the dyno graph below you can see that there is more power all throughout the RPM band once you get above 1900rpms. So it may have only gained 54 peak HP but there is a lot more power under the curve. Truck is a blast to drive and is easily driven in the sweet spot so the extra lag is not terrible. Truck also cleans up the fuel to basically nothing once the turbo spools, it does start to get a descent haze in the upper rpm band when the 2015 turbos starts to run out of air, but from about 2100-3000rpms it runs SUPER CLEAN.

XyDyirhh.jpg

valvetick

Reaction score
Here are the results from swapping the 2015 turbo onto our 2011 test truck. Results were exactly as expected but it is still fun to see the actual data on a dyno graph. This is still on stock 2011 fueling, stock intake/air filter, etc. This is just a 2015 turbo, ******d, and tuned truck.

Peak Torque went from 1194tq @ 1770rpms to 1207tq @ 2070rpms

Peak Horsepower went from 480hp @ 2580rpms to 534hp @ 2790rpms

So we lost about 300rpms of spool up, but gained a peak 13tq and 54hp.

If you look at the dyno graph below you can see that there is more power all throughout the RPM band once you get above 1900rpms. So it may have only gained 54 peak HP but there is a lot more power under the curve. Truck is a blast to drive and is easily driven in the sweet spot so the extra lag is not terrible. Truck also cleans up the fuel to basically nothing once the turbo spools, it does start to get a descent haze in the upper rpm band when the 2015 turbos starts to run out of air, but from about 2100-3000rpms it runs SUPER CLEAN.

XyDyirhh.jpg

That 11-14 turbo HP curve comes on so fast when you lay the two runs over each other.