ATS compound turbo kit

Reaction score
Anyone installed an ATS compound kit? Apparently both turbos are in the valley. Looks like nice set up. It uses an ATS Aurora 6000 75mm mounted over a watercooled 52 mm Borgwarner efr turbo and supposedly its emissions friendly. Stock power went from 350 hp and 800 ft lbs to 510 and 1050 on a 2013 stock truck.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
If you want to stay emissions equipped I think that's your only option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
It's a 52 efr turbo so it probably spools very fast. Then a 75 mm takes over which is considered fairly large for top end. It's in the new edition of Diesel Power. Lots of shiny aluminum piping. Like I said it has the egr hooked up but I couldn't see how the ccv was incorporated but if it's emissions friendly I assume it's still hooked up. Sweet looking setup but their other kit is well thought of with some nice pieces also.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
The prototype was well engineered and fabricated, if that quality makes it to the production kit, it should be nice.

I think the 52mm was necessary for additional real estate, paired with the 75mm it should be good for 600 hp still, and the fast spool will hopefully keep it from excessively regenerating.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Clint has been running the kit for months, he dyno'd it at UCC last year running that system. Seems to be a killer option for those wanting to stay emissions friendly

NathannialD

Reaction score
This is the only one I still have from when I built it

Attachments

• 9468DE56-C460-4805-AB8F-009328F66045.jpg
    9468DE56-C460-4805-AB8F-009328F66045.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 271

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
From a cost standpoint I would do an add a turbo on a non emissions truck. Really no reason to replace the stock vgt, it works well.

Kxc

Reaction score
Does anyone else offer a compound kit for derleted trucks besides midwest ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

valvetick

Reaction score
From a cost standpoint I would do an add a turbo on a non emissions truck. Really no reason to replace the stock vgt, it works well.

The stock 15+ turbo seems to be choked up on the top end drive pressures climb fairly quick. Wouldn't throwing another charger in the mix on top of the stock vgt make that even worse? Unless guys are able to open the vanes up in the tune and free up some flow.

sootie

Reaction score
The stock 15+ turbo seems to be choked up on the top end drive pressures climb fairly quick. Wouldn't throwing another charger in the mix on top of the stock vgt make that even worse? Unless guys are able to open the vanes up in the tune and free up some flow.

when you have a larger charger forcing air thru a smaller turbo, it allows the smaller turbo to still be efficient even when it is beyond its map. Basically because its not having to produce that airflow with its own exhaust turbine. The atmosphere turbo is making the boost to push thru the small one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.