CSD or Irate T4 kit comparison

boss300

Reaction score
I am about to go T4 on my truck and want to know the pros and cons and get feedback from you guys who have done it on the better kit. CSD or Irate. The main differences I see are what looks like a 2 piece down pipe on the irate kit along with returning oil to a different place. I know the CSD kit reuses the cold side IC pipe as well which doesn’t seem like a big deal to me. I want the best fitting kit as I use this truck daily for work and towing my camper on long trips. Has anyone had any trouble with the corrugated drain tube on the CSD kit?

akcooper9

Reaction score
I am about to go T4 on my truck and want to know the pros and cons and get feedback from you guys who have done it on the better kit. CSD or Irate. The main differences I see are what looks like a 2 piece down pipe on the irate kit along with returning oil to a different place. I know the CSD kit reuses the cold side IC pipe as well which doesn’t seem like a big deal to me. I want the best fitting kit as I use this truck daily for work and towing my camper on long trips. Has anyone had any trouble with the corrugated drain tube on the CSD kit?

CSD here. Very Happy. Cleaner Install IMHO and better oil drain design.

superpsd

Reaction score
I've noticed many have said the CSD kit seems to be of higher fit and quality idk. There is a guy on FTF installing a CSD kit SXE turbo and a turbonator turbine housing to turn it into a VGT setup with brake functionality.

Bmcgarvie

Reaction score
Got a link to that superpsd? I have the csd kit and I was very impressed. Only slight issue was downpipe was pretty tight but just took a little time to get just right. Only regret was I didn't spend the money sooner.

Reaction score
I agree the CSD kit is slightly cleaner than the Irate kit. (I have an Irate)
Now let me give you one more choice to think about....... Obsession Diesel Performance has acquired the Turbonetics kit and is producing them. Cast stainless pedestal, individually removable up pipes, very clean. Ignore the photos with the wild looking exhaust and polished everything, those were Turbonetics promo photos for the original release. The only thing I see wrong with this kit is that no one has promoted it properly. Seriously considering dumping my Irate kit for the ODP kit. Engine is not in yet.

Reaction score
I agree the CSD kit is slightly cleaner than the Irate kit. (I have an Irate)
Now let me give you one more choice to think about....... Obsession Diesel Performance has acquired the Turbonetics kit and is producing them. Cast stainless pedestal, individually removable up pipes, very clean. Ignore the photos with the wild looking exhaust and polished everything, those were Turbonetics promo photos for the original release. The only thing I see wrong with this kit is that no one has promoted it properly. Seriously considering dumping my Irate kit for the ODP kit. Engine is not in yet.
Thanks for the tip for obsession diesel performance. I've been looking for this kit for a long time. I was about to pull a trigger on the irate kit when I see your post. I started a new thread with pictures

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online