Dual remote IPR's

Big Bore

Reaction score
Ok, so I have this custom HRT Dual Remote IPR block and a fairly expensive set of custom hoses that I was planning to use with a set of twins (those are long gone and good riddance) But I'm still thinking of using it. Mostly for ease of access to the IPR. I was also thinking I could set it up as a single remote and have a spare already mounted in place that I could just switch the wires to. I don't know that it would have any benefit other than possibly cooling the oil and If I used all 4 lines it may have some efficiency benefits. Anyone got any ideas or thoughts on this?

313542_2293152846728_395749888_n.jpg

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
If you don’t end up using it, I’ll buy it lol.
May have to keep the second ipr in the other hole as a dummy to keep the other oil passage closed.
I say that not knowing the internal oil flow path.
I would love to have a remote setup for my twins.
I remember seeing HRT come up with those and I have wanted one ever since.

Big Bore

Reaction score
May have to keep the second ipr in the other hole as a dummy to keep the other oil passage closed.

It came with a custom plug for running in single config. I was pretty fortunate to get this one. Jason is a solid dude. I definitely think twins need this. The amount of heat and oil foaming from the restriction really affects driveability. You can feel the oil fading under long or multiple WOT since it's dumping that hot foaming oil right back to the reservoir. And it's always having to dump way more (double?) oil pressure than a single pump under normal driving. I've melted a return line when I had twins. Mine will dump to the valley using an Irate custom fitting. It's too bad this remote block is such a niche part. Still, I'm surprised one of the guys making reservoirs hasn't picked up the idea. I would think a single remote that puts the IPR in a more convenient spot for servicing would sell well. Once you have a single, you could just run two.

I probably wouldn't ever sell it but I'll keep you in mind.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
It came with a custom plug for running in single config. I was pretty fortunate to get this one. Jason is a solid dude. I definitely think twins need this. The amount of heat and oil foaming from the restriction really affects driveability. You can feel the oil fading under long or multiple WOT since it's dumping that hot foaming oil right back to the reservoir. And it's always having to dump way more (double?) oil pressure than a single pump under normal driving. I've melted a return line when I had twins. Mine will dump to the valley using an Irate custom fitting. It's too bad this remote block is such a niche part. Still, I'm surprised one of the guys making reservoirs hasn't picked up the idea. I would think a single remote that puts the IPR in a more convenient spot for servicing would sell well. Once you have a single, you could just run two.

I probably wouldn't ever sell it but I'll keep you in mind.

Somewhere I made a CAD file that turned this block into a reservoir spacer and conveniently dumped the oil down the gears in the front cover. I never made a physical part in that rendition though. I'm not even 100% sure I finished the entire model.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Somewhere I made a CAD file that turned this block into a reservoir spacer and conveniently dumped the oil down the gears in the front cover. I never made a physical part in that rendition though. I'm not even 100% sure I finished the entire model.

That would be an interesting option. Can I assume that would require ******** stock fule bowl?

On a related tangent, I seem to recall starvation issues with bigger pumps when returning the oil to the pan instead of the reservoir. I also seem to recall some talk (might have been the voice in my head) about HPO accumulators. In that vein, would HPO side with accumulators still be crippled by LPO side volume, or would the increase in HPO volume slow pressure loss enough to allow the LPO system to keep up, and how much HPO volume would that require?

On another related tangent, whatever happened with that injector redesign you were working on? :D

KBMKVIII

Reaction score

Are you talking about something similar to what Diesel site sells?

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
That would be an interesting option. Can I assume that would require ******** stock fule bowl?

On a related tangent, I seem to recall starvation issues with bigger pumps when returning the oil to the pan instead of the reservoir. I also seem to recall some talk (might have been the voice in my head) about HPO accumulators. In that vein, would HPO side with accumulators still be crippled by LPO side volume, or would the increase in HPO volume slow pressure loss enough to allow the LPO system to keep up, and how much HPO volume would that require?

On another related tangent, whatever happened with that injector redesign you were working on? :D

I don’t know how big of pumps you are referring to, however I had heard those stories before I set up my twin 17° pumps using a dieselsite res spacer. I remember people saying they heard the rear pump squeal under heavy load due to starvation. Because of this I ended up putting a secondary feed to the reservoir plug off the main galley on the block. Do not do this. It trashed my main bearings. On the current engine build I ditched the secondary feed and like before I’m running a new Melling pump. Should be fine

Last edited:

Big Bore

Reaction score
I don’t know how big of pumps you are referring to, however I had heard those stories before I set up my twin 17° pumps using a dieselsite res spacer. I remember people saying they heard the rear pump squeal under heavy load due to starvation. Because of this I ended up putting a secondary feed to the reservoir plug off the main galley on the block. Do not do this. It trashed my main bearings. On the current engine build I ditched the secondary feed and like before I’m running a new Melling pump. Should be fine

Ouch on the main bearings. However, that does indicate how much oil the pumps use and or need if they can lower LPO pressure enough to starve the mains.

I sold my twins before I had a chance to set them up with this dual block and valley dump. I don't recall them making any noise, but it would have to be loud to hear over the engine and turbo. Chasing oil leaks was my bane along with oil foaming and degraded performance under long heavy throttle pulls going over passes etc. I would do a Swamps gen 2 if I ever thought I needed more oil than a single could supply. However it looks like the Adrenaline would supply more than anything I would ever need if a stock pump couldn't keep up.

I wonder if using dual 15* pumps wouldn't work better than 17* due to reduced stress of components and less excess oil to bypass.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

Yes it would require removal of the stock fuel bowl.

Returning oil to the pan vs the reservoir..... there are issues on both sides of that fence..... I always returned to the pan. Do as you wish.

Are you talking about something similar to what Diesel site sells?

Picture the Dieselsite part and the dual IPR block integrated into one piece and the dumps for the IPRs going right down the inside of the front cover.

m j

Reaction score

I bought a dual ipr block from someone making them 'recently' 2018 . it was from this site. not much to them, just need to be able to make ORB threads and seats

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.