HPOP

Big Bore

Reaction score
What's the best option these days? My Bosch rebuild just went out, looking to see if there's an alternative to that or just stick with a Bosch 17*. I see Full Force makes a stage 1 for around the same price. Still running Swamps 175's so don't need, or want, "Big Oil" (already went through terminator twins years ago).

Thanks!

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Not sure about the best, but I am running a used adrenaline that I bought years ago and have no need for anything else.
FF 238/80s
364.5sxe

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
I would personally run something tried and true. A stock Bosch 17deg pump or a diesel site adrenaline would be the only 2 I would recommend. I’m not sure who makes the Full Force pumps but I’m sure they haven’t been building pumps for as long as the 2 I mentioned. Another up and coming pump is made by cnc fab and from customers I’ve spoke to they love them. He also has a nice billet unit coming out too for a decent price.

Big Bore

Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys. Gonna do some more troubleshooting before dropping coin on a pump, might be something else after doing a little more reading. this Bosch pump prob only has 50K max. scan tool says 94% DC and 105 ICP while cranking but IPR could be sticking. buzz test good. just did new o-rings due to oil consumption and really hard starting. new GP's. cranked it for a couple days off and on, new batts and charger on the entire time so not low voltage. fuel pump and pressure good. gonna do a post in tech.

Petro

Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys. Gonna do some more troubleshooting before dropping coin on a pump, might be something else after doing a little more reading. this Bosch pump prob only has 50K max. scan tool says 94% DC and 105 ICP while cranking but IPR could be sticking. buzz test good. just did new o-rings due to oil consumption and really hard starting. new GP's. cranked it for a couple days off and on, new batts and charger on the entire time so not low voltage. fuel pump and pressure good. gonna do a post in tech.

Are you saying the no start happened right after you swapped in New injector o-rings?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'd replace the ipr first. Or try cleaning it.

live life full throttle

Big Bore

Reaction score
Found the issue. Swapped IPR and it fired right up. started messing around putting stuff back together and it died after i bumped harness, started right back up. bumped harness, died. wouldnt start. same issue as before, low ICP. started poking around and wires at IRP connecter were frayed and touching. :/

mcnance865

Reaction score
The go to pumps at the moment are:

Terminator T500 (Joey has a lot of dealers now and support seems better; T500 is almost universally suggested on FB groups; only $499 and 20* swash plate)

Dieselsite Adrenaline: one of the go-to's for a long time, but is $850; lot of other guys claiming it is really like an 18*

CNCfab: stage 1 for slightly better than stock; stage 2 should be a 20*; all good reviews and CNCfab known for quality and great customer service

I don't think Full Force makes a pump. This seems to be a new phenomenon on a lot of groups where people say they got "Full Force tunes", "full force hpop", etc., when really it is just from the known players and sold on FFD website.

Reaction score

Terminator T500 (Joey has a lot of dealers now and support seems better; T500 is almost universally suggested on FB groups; only $499 and 20* swash plate)

Dieselsite Adrenaline: one of the go-to's for a long time, but is $850; lot of other guys claiming it is really like an 18*

CNCfab: stage 1 for slightly better than stock; stage 2 should be a 20*; all good reviews and CNCfab known for quality and great customer service

I don't think Full Force makes a pump. This seems to be a new phenomenon on a lot of groups where people say they got "Full Force tunes", "full force hpop", etc., when really it is just from the known players and sold on FFD website.
My thoughts as well. Have spent some serious time on the phone with all 3. I have experience with swash plate piston pumps in an industrial setting. Have not had a bad conversation with any of them. If I were buying today I would go CNC Fab.

mcnance865

Reaction score
My thoughts as well. Have spent some serious time on the phone with all 3. I have experience with swash plate piston pumps in an industrial setting. Have not had a bad conversation with any of them. If I were buying today I would go CNC Fab.

If I were buying today, it would probably be CNCfab as well. They are soon to release a "stage 3" pump and also a "stage 4" billet pump that will be equal to or stronger than dual hpops. Don't think you can go wrong with CNCfab. They just expanded operations and I believe will be coming out with a lot of their own in-house designed and built products.

Big Bore

Reaction score
I'm running a Swamps 175/30 and just did a shakedown run over a couple CO passes. The Bosch 17* is supplying all the ICP I need. I did a little data logging with the scantool i picked up need to look at the logs, but everytime I looked at it under load I never saw DC go above 80% and ICP held steady during extended WOT. However, that is 100% due to CurtisF tunes. I'm very thankful the problem turned out to be a harness issue and not the pump. I only asked about pumps to see if there was a stock Bosch alternative that was maybe less expensive and reliable since I've been out of the loop for several years now, and pumps jumped considerably in price since the last time I bought one. Terminator will never be an option for me.

Big Bore

Reaction score
I might check that out since I've decided to buy another pump just to have a spare. Those things are not easy to get when you need one unless you go to Ford, and they want almost 1K for one.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
The only pump I have had is the adrenaline other than stock.
I had a very good experience and with correct tuning it was running my 350/200s for a short while.
I had changed it to the adrenaline while I still had stock injectors.
Maybe had 40k miles with it on.

hucorey

Reaction score

None of the T500's that I have torn down are 20*. All are stock 17* SD swash housings.

Adrenalines are 18.5* I've torn down alot of these too.

Stealth SRP's were 22*

NOTE: NOT POSTING TO START DRAMA. INFO IS BASED ON FACTS FROM MY MEASUREMENTS REBUILDING THESE PUMPS.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online