5 inch exhaust drone or rattle

RedRice589

Reaction score
Wut drone are you guys having? Mine is quiet even towing... If I lay into it I can get a good one but it doesn't seem obnoxious. I would check all mounts and wise clearances on the pipe around the tranny and downpipe. Mine could easily spin around if I hadn't twisted it to avoid it.

PyroFighter

Reaction score
Look at where the exhaust goes over the axle. It may be hitting the bottom of the bed. When I first put mine on I noticed it was hitting and had to do some adjusting.

staxxxmcgee

Reaction score
Go to local muffler shop and have them throw on a big 'ol glass-pack or 2 depending on your noise tolerances. Cheap ' easy (just like I like my women).

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I have a 5" w/ muffler and it's quiet at highway speeds.

When you tromp on it with the windows down it's pretty loud.

IMHO Ford has done a pretty good job of quieting these cabs down.

Motostroker

Reaction score
I have a 5" w/ muffler and it's quiet at highway speeds.

When you tromp on it with the windows down it's pretty loud.

IMHO Ford has done a pretty good job of quieting these cabs down.

Off subject, but I didn't know you knew my buddy Barry Horne!

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
I just deleted mine and after the exhaust I can feel a rattle I have the gooseneck adapter thing under the bed though so I think its hitting !

azdbllung

Reaction score
i have a 4 inch w/ muffler and have that drone sound right at the same RPM, so im not sure if its just how they all are or if im indeed rubbing somewhere. Ill get under it this evening and check.

BK39

Reaction score
Mine wasn't hitting anything, I put the FTE resonator on it, and problem solved. It's so quiet it's crazy. Now I can hear the tires screeching when I stomp it on the floor. Before I couldn't hear anything BUT the exhaust.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Mine wasn't hitting anything, I put the FTE resonator on it, and problem solved. It's so quiet it's crazy. Now I can hear the tires screeching when I stomp it on the floor. Before I couldn't hear anything BUT the exhaust.

Just installed my FTE Resonator the other night (17" model) and what an improvement! The drone was so bad when towing that I would drop a gear so I wouldn't blow my ear drums. Now I still have that sweet turbo whistle without that low rumble of the V8.

azdbllung

Reaction score
Mine had drone until I put 1500 miles on it, now the drone is gone and purrs like a kitten. I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.