Just bought my first 6.7!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well last week I pulled the trigger and purchased a new to me 2011 f350 with the 6.7. I think the truck is amazing! I had an 01 f250 7.3 before this one and both are great trucks! Hooked up my bass boat two days after I purchased the truck and towed it, very easily I might add, to lake Austin for a fishing tourney! It was a two day tourney that I won!!! After the first day I went back to my hotel room and had to make the block to park.

It was very difficult pulling into traffic because of the grade so I went slowly. After I get into the roadway I accelerate to get in the flow and then shut the throttle down to slow and make a turn. When I did that the truck made a heck of a noise and barely had any power...I was able to get off the service road and park it...I could hear a rattle coming from the top of the motor and the exhaust was bluish...I had ZERO boost...sounds like three days in and the turbo blew

Upon reading more on this truck I found that this does happen a bit because the turbos produced for the 11-14 models were substandard. I guess I'm buying spe's conversion for the 15 model turbo.

Anyone done this?

The dealership I purchased the truck from take no responsibility for this. I understand I purchased a used vehicle but I did not purchase a used piece of junk that would only last 3 days. So on top of purchase price I get to tack on 3k more plus wrestle with the old one to get it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and you are sure the intercooler pipe isn't cracked?

03svtsnakevert

Reaction score
and you are sure the intercooler pipe isn't cracked?

No I'm not sure...I could hear a rattle coming from the top of the motor around where the turbo is...would the cracked inter cooler pipe cause blue smoke out of the exhaust

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Are they doing anything for you or are you just having them do the turbo swap?

Keith

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Gotcha, for what they'd charge for the stock turbo and install, it'd more than pay for the 15 retro kit and it's really not bad at all to swap that out yourself. Took about 5 hours taking my time in the driveway. That is unless they warranty it or cut you a break for your headaches just buying the truck and all?

Keith

03svtsnakevert

Reaction score
Gotcha, for what they'd charge for the stock turbo and install, it'd more than pay for the 15 retro kit and it's really not bad at all to swap that out yourself. Took about 5 hours taking my time in the driveway. That is unless they warranty it or cut you a break for your headaches just buying the truck and all?

Keith

Yeah I figure if they put the turbo on then fine I will have money sat aside for the upgrade

03svtsnakevert

Reaction score
Got her back yesterday... Dealership replaced turbo and all necessary components plus an oil change for no charge!!! So glad to get her back!!

I highly recommend Texas silverstar motors in cedar hill Texas!!! Give William a call!!!

Latest posts

Members online