Need SCT Tuner

Koda22

Reaction score
Ok guys im gonna pull the plug and get a new sct tuner. Im just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. Best vendor? Do I need to get a an X4 or can I still get an X3.....As of right now id like to just run can tunes, with the plan to get custom tunes later on.

Any info would be great.

Thanks
Cody

bad moose

Reaction score
********** diesel, ********, are the first two that come to mind. IMO just get custom tunes and then go from there. The difference in cost is worth it for the longevity of trans and engine if not studded ......

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok guys im gonna pull the plug and get a new sct tuner. Im just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. Best vendor? Do I need to get a an X4 or can I still get an X3.....As of right now id like to just run can tunes, with the plan to get custom tunes later on.

Any info would be great.

Thanks
Cody

give us a call, we can sell you one with any major name tuner , with tunes made to your liking .

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
********** diesel, ********, are the first two that come to mind. IMO just get custom tunes and then go from there. The difference in cost is worth it for the longevity of trans and engine if not studded ......

You're reply caught my attention Mr Moose. I've ran my Livewire canned tunes for the exact reason you say not to. I've heard it go back and forth. I'm running performance on the fly....and yes, when dove on by the opposition it has seen Extreme at WOT. I'm 75% flap-jacketed with apr's (as many folk) being my last install. If you point me to a better custom tuning for being studless, I'll look into it for sure. Was looking towards getting Loony tunes once apr's arrived but if your people have something close I can just upgrade afterwards. I believe you though, I swear it seems easier on my mill, tranny and rear end when I'm using the more aggressive canned tunes. The "normal" is a bag of crap and MPG tunes are even worse on my truck. I'm not so worried about lifting the heads, if it came down to it, But lower end scares the hell out of me and I'm not smart enough to not let her eat broadsided through three every now and again. I know...just begging for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thewrubelator

Reaction score
Lower end should be the very least of your worries on a bolt-safe tune...Most of the big name tuners have great non-stud safe tuning, GH, IDP, TSD...personally I would steer clear of the Looney tune and any of her tunes..but that is just me, they ran like complete dog **** in my truck.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Lower end should be the very least of your worries on a bolt-safe tune...Most of the big name tuners have great non-stud safe tuning, GH, IDP, TSD...personally I would steer clear of the Looney tune and any of her tunes..but that is just me, they ran like complete dog **** in my truck.

You aint the first ive heard say that. Had a buddy who said the same thing. He also said his truck seemed to lose the tune running the looney files. Switched to idp, and hasnt had an issue since.

Latest posts

Members online