Need help in TN!

Reaction score
Any one know of a reputable shop in the Knoxville, TN area to tract down an electrical issue on an 04 6.0 F250? An elderly friend of my dad's is currently living there and keeps blowing #45 fuse which is killing all of his dash gauges. He took it to the dealer (who found the fuse) and all was good for a couple days and has done it again. The dealer says well maybe the whole dash cluster needs to be replaced (basically lets just throw money at it till something works) so he left and called me to see if I can find him some help. He is a paying customer, just not dealer prices. LOL

Thanks!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
If I recall, that's the wiring harness for over drive rubbing on the steering column. Pull the plastic column covers off and trace the wiring from the shift lever. You'll see a chaff spot shorting out

Reaction score
I am almost 4 hrs away and I am not sure he is capable of looking himself. That’s why I was hoping someone there could help him out. I will still let him know this, thanks!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
3 Phillips screws under the column, pull off the ignition plastic piece, adjust steering wheel to lowest point, pull top plastic piece off, you may have to re insert the key and move the shifter to 1st gear to remove the top plate. Then just trace the tiny wire.

Strokersace

Reaction score
3 Phillips screws under the column, pull off the ignition plastic piece, adjust steering wheel to lowest point, pull top plastic piece off, you may have to re insert the key and move the shifter to 1st gear to remove the top plate. Then just trace the tiny wire.

Maybe you missed the point that he is ELDERLY...

The capability of the pickup owner may not be ability, but physically.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Oh I know, but some people think that its super hard to fix somethings. I just wanted to explain the procedure

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, I have sent him the info on the possible issues and the steps to try and fix it to see if he thinks its something he can do with out hurting himself. He may be able to do more than I am giving him credit for. I also told him about the possible help an hour north of him (Mooresbug,Tn ) if he would rather go that route. I will let you know what he decides. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Members online